Venturebeat Article

Your great works also draw more tourists from other empires. You can push your culture out offensively by establishing trade routes with other empires, as tourists will come back along the trade route. It’s much easier to get a Culture Victory if you have open borders and trade routes. One of the dangers of trade routes is that religious fervor can flow along them as well. So a trade world may invite a religion into your empire, and you may have to deal with the risk of your enemy winning through a Religious Victory.

It may be an error, but that's new isn't it? :eek:

Well that's a huge feature that was neglected to have been mentioned so far then...

Don't jump to the conclusions that article seems.. errorenous, it said there's 8 new civs, ignored to talk about Portugal, and completely omitted Brazil.

There are so many mistakes in that article that I wouldn't take anything mentioned as certain. For example, they say there are only 8 new civilizations, missing Brazil, even though one of the accompanying screenshots is of Pedro II. They also call an Opera House a unique building.

In the more advanced part of the game, you can vote to build an international space station or create a World Fair. If you’re the host city of the World Fair, you get more benefits. You can choose a single world religion or start a nuclear weapons non-proliferation treaty
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/12/c...th-trade-or-culture-wars/#k6hVSBhiqiUMvcXV.99

So, voting for a single world religion is maybe in...

I would think that a vote for single religion with you as founder would help them vote for you later to be world leader not a religious victory by itself.

There are so many mistakes in that article that I wouldn't take anything mentioned as certain. For example, they say there are only 8 new civilizations, missing Brazil, even though one of the accompanying screenshots is of Pedro II. They also call an Opera House a unique building.

That's what I thought as I read it...maybe written by a non-civ player?

Glassmage, I was thinking along those lines as well. It seems like it's almost a step towards a diplomatic or even a cultural victory (as sharing the same religion boosts tourism). Seems you would want everyone following your religion if going for a culture win.

yeah I'm not convinced based on this article that religion is a new VC

This article looks more like they read the thread titles in the BNW forum on this site, and wrote whatever they felt like. This article is useless.

That and if you declare war you lose your trade routes.... What?

That and if you declare war you lose your trade routes.... What?

Well, you could lose them with the Civ you went to war with, that's plausible, if not a given.

I understand that but was reading it as if you lose all trade routes like with allies and/or non belligerents.

I understand that but was reading it as if you lose all trade routes like with allies and/or non belligerents.

Maybe there is a means to pillage them?

I am starting to lean towards the article being not quite legit though, or at the least some really poor attention to detail. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, this article is most likely BS, but i do like the idea of a religious victory. I always found religion useless anyway.

Top Bottom