Verncaular's Maps

Vernacular

Chieftain
Vernacular's Maps

I've been messing around with Worldbuilder for the past couple of weeks, and now that I've finished a few maps, I tought I'd release them. Please feel free to ridicule them if that would make you feel good.

Bella Friga
Spoiler :
Game Options:
Aggressive AI
Permanent Alliances
No Settlers
No Acheron

Civilizations:
Luchirup (Beeri Bawl)
Amurites (Valledia the Even)
Illians (Auric Ulvin)
Doviello (Charadon)

The Cold Wars is a map focusing on the aftermath of the Age of Ice on the Illians, Doviello, Amurites, and Luchurip.

Spoiler :

Coast of Zealots
Spoiler :
Game Options:
Permanent Alliances
Aggressive AI

Civilizations:
Elohim (Ehtne the White)
Malakim (Varn Gosam)
Amurites (Dain the Caswallan)
Clan of Embers (Sheebla)
Sheaim (Tebryn Arbandi)

The Coast of Zealots is the land where fanatical wars of great destruction were waged by the Sheaim, Elohim, Malakim, Amurites, and Clan of Embers.

Spoiler :

The Water Hole
Spoiler :
Game Options:
Aggressive AI
Permanent Alliances
No Settlers

Civilizations:
The Blue Abbey (Elohim)- Thessalonica
The Hvartalfar (Ljosalfar)- Prince Reneth (Amelanchier)
West Lanun - Falamar
East Lanun- Hannah the Irin
Cove of Kylorin (Amurites)- Torio the Archmage (Tya Kiri)
Sunny Beach (Balseraphs)- Furia the Mad

While the rest of Erebus thawed, the Aegean Isles remained isolated and stuck in a large iceflow. Fortunately, the inhabitants of the islands had neighbors to kill.

Spoiler :

Legacy of Kylorin
Spoiler :
Game Options:
Aggressive AI
Permanent Alliances
Requires Complete Kills
No Settlers
No World Spells
No Acheron

Civilizations:
(All are Amurite)
Order of the Evenhanded- Valledia the Even
Guild of the Caswallan- Dain the Caswallan
Discipuli- Tya Kiri

After the dissapearance of Kylorin, the Amurite empire collapsed. Valledia the Even seized control of Cevedes by using a combination of trickery and winning over the 'mundanes'. Meanwhile, Dain the Caswallan founded his own magical dynasty in the northern part of the valley. Tya Kiri, a powerful sorceress led a coup in the northern pass to set up a powerful magrocacy. Unfortunately the Amurite cities must now fight for dominance or fade into oblivion.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 141
More people would download it if there were some screenshots, just a suggestion.

I'm starting a game of the watering hole right now. I don't know if you did or not, but handing out the seafaring tech would be a quick and dirty way to providing a unique playing experience with the otherwise typical civilization starts. I'll be sure to give a more proper review when done.

Um, did my post disappear? Anyways I just finished playing The Watering Hole as Hanna the Irin, won through a Religious victory. Marathon speed, Noble difficulty...

While I had a real easy time due to an drowned adventurer, I won before I could unleash my zombie hoard on the Eloheim and Balserphs. You might want to disable religious victories. Since one can't build settlers, putting barbarian cities on the two unoccupied islands and on the two northern islands would be nice. I really want to contend with pirates, and it would also be nice to have to take more on than one city when fighting ones rivals.

As far as aesthetics go, I liked this one. The "unique" feature you made was nice, and I love "Mad Dwarf Island".

I'm alittle worried about balance though, the Lanuan are really well off, and their hold is only slightly mitigated by their positions and the fact they have to compete for heroes. A quick and dirty way to help out may be to give everybody the seafaring tech.

Edit: Wow, I guess my post didn't disappear after all.

Well I did smote the Hvartalfar pretty quickly by marathon standards.

Also I was wondering, how did you get the mana node to appear with the OO graphics?

In the "coast of zealots" map, the Amurite warrior starts with the "starting settler" promotion instead of the settler. He made one hell of a scout, but I doubt that was intentional. ;)

Just wanted to bump this thread for folks looking for scenarios--I downloaded the files and they still work.

Top Bottom