Version 1.0.1.221a Available

Mine refused to update too, then got stuck in an unplayable state, saying the steam servers were too busy to verify my data or some crap. I had to delete the game and re-download the whole thing (which did get me to the right version - 1.0.1.221a

That's happening to me too; it's really annoying. This kind of broken copy protection isn't going to make me any more inclined to recommend the game.

I can't even figure out how to delete and reinstall the game--everything seems to be broken, and very little about the Steam client's interface is actually understandable. It claims there's a paused download, or it claims another game is launching, or it claims the servers are too busy, or it claims a download has started when the network interface shows no data transfer, but what it doesn't claim is that anyone at Steam deserves not to be beaten to death for producing this kind of crap.

Needless to say, this is truly infuriating, and I've already sent several angry notes to Steam support. At this point, I can't even log into Steam because of some crap called "Steam Guard" which I didn't install, don't want, and can't turn off.

I'd be happy to see the board of directors of Valve ground up and fed to pigs.

Hi all,

The fact that a new patch has been released is obviously great. But unfortunately, once updated, i experienced two problems:
1) i cannot switch between fullscreen and windowed mode in-game just by clicking on cmd+return anymore
2) the textures/shodows of the terrain now are horrible! It is like the patch had change the default graphic settings to a "low" level; i tried to set back, for instance, the "quality of texture" attribute to "medium", but nothing happen! I mean, even if i change the attribute, then I exit from and re-enter into the game, i get again the value of "quality of texture" set on "low" rather than on "medium" !

Does anyone of you experienced the same problem or something similar?

Thank you guys
Fabio

I have started a new game and now, close to turn 500 (Large map, Earth), I get the red and white tablecloth again, instead of the proper textures. Strange, to say the least.

What systems are you running that you get smooth graphics? I'm on a 3.06 dual core iMac with an Nvidia 8800, and it LAGS. Plays perfectly on the Windows side though.

Thanks for the info. I can't win this game.

What systems are you running that you get smooth graphics? I'm on a 3.06 dual core iMac with an Nvidia 8800, and it LAGS. Plays perfectly on the Windows side though.

Thanks for the info. I can't win this game.

Anything Mac with Nvidia won't keep up on graphics. That's an Nvidia+Apple driver issue. As in Nvidia won't put the work into getting their drivers in a good state for Mac. That's why Apple stopped putting them in new boxes. SC 2 release really highlighted the Nvidia/Mac issues.

The 3.06 dual-core iMac that my girls use keeps up great on max graphics, but it's got an ATI GPU in it. My 2-year-old Mac Pro quadcore with an ATI 4870 keeps up fine on max graphics, too.

My advice to anyone with a Mac+Nvidia GPU is replace it with ATI if it's a card, and run Bootcamp to Windows if it's built-in, like your iMac. It's not that Nvidia cards are worse hardware-wise, but their Mac drivers are horrible, and Nvidia is uninterested in fixing them for Mac.

What does it mean that an ATI 5770 is now supported?

Improved performance from the card?

old saves still crash on same turn!

Good thing is the game doesnt't quit!
it just hangs

sorry for my first post to be a sarcastic one.
I'm still a huge fan of the civ series!

Just that they tested it, confirmed it works, and will now answer tickets from anyone who has that card.

Yeah, as far as I know, my 4870 isn't on the supported list, but it works fine. Most of the newer (2-3 years) ATI stuff is fine, anyway.

Another reason to buy a new computer. Thanks for the info!

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M in my PowerBook 13 inch and I run things on minimal settings. The game seems to be running a bit better post update. I have 2 Gigs of RAM I want to get more, but don't have the $$$s. I play on smaller maps, but my games regularly go long. I think we're just about to start using oil and oil based units in my current game which I lead, but not technologically...

Ryan, I'd like to know why Aspyr is adding a "a" to the end of the MAC version number, it seems that from the list you have designed an identical patch to the PC 221, but have perposefully made the games incompatable for MP. We need all the MP players we can get and this is not a good thing for us. Is there some technical reason you are forcing the games to be incompatable?

CS

It's not quite the same patch, but fairly close. Changing the version number slightly is a step we've taken to make the differences between the versions obvious. Cross-platform play isn't quite ready yet.

Ryan, what i wrote above..is clearly a bug. is it possible that nobody noticed the same bug too on a macbook pro 2010?

What does it mean that an ATI 5770 is now supported?

Improved performance from the card?

The game rocks on my 2006 Mac Pro with a 5770 but it did before the patch, so I guess they just added it to the list but didn't change anything. I believe the improved turn speed is due to the patch but not the card.

The game rocks on my 2006 Mac Pro with a 5770 but it did before the patch, so I guess they just added it to the list but didn't change anything. I believe the improved turn speed is due to the patch but not the card.

Really? I have the same machine and while I could say that it "rocks" during the initial stages, its performance suffers noticeably as I explore the map...

Really? I have the same machine and while I could say that it "rocks" during the initial stages, its performance suffers noticeably as I explore the map...
He said "improved" not that it was fast

Top Bottom