Version 1.0.1.275a Available

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by AspyrRyan, May 23, 2011.

1. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

The new version of Civ V is out now. It should auto-download via Steam.

In addition, the Denmark pack and Explorer's Map Pack should be available as well.

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Thanks, Ryan.

Can we assume the 'a' designation means it still doesn't play cross-platform?

3. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

Whoo hoo!!! But after reading the list of changes, it sounds like lots of stuff is going to be harder (ahem) I mean more balanced than it was before :)

4. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

That's a safe assumption.

5. forty2j

forty2j King

That was actually pretty fast. Thanks!

(I think it destroys the GoTM game I'm in the middle of though.. bah, wasn't going to win anyway.)

6. autumnmist

autumnmist Chieftain

Thank goodness we're actually in sync with the PC version (minus the "a" at the end of the patch version which I assume is still prevent crossplatform multiplayer)! I'd like to play on both my HTPC (Windows) and Mac and I hate playing a version behind on the Mac when the patches are making such huge changes to gameplay.

7. gfeier

gfeier King

Uh-oh, Just downloaded and installed the Denmark DLC and neither the civ or the scenario is showing up even though it said the installation was successful. Anybody else having this problem?

8. janthony

janthony Chieftain

The Steam store still only has the windows icon for Denmark and the maps. That's probably one reason it isn't showing up for you.

9. gfeier

gfeier King

I figured if it offered it to me within the game, it was good to go. That's where I ordered it from, right in the game.

10. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Are the maps only found in the 'custom game' window, in the drop-down? If so, by name, they're not very clear as to which ones they are.

11. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

I already purchased Vikings for the PC and when i try to buy it again, it tells me I already have it, but it isn't showing up on my mac.... how do I get it to download and install?

12. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

Wait...where can I find the patch notes?

13. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

Have you restarted Steam since the patch/DLC went live? It should download automatically. I'll have to check it in the morning, as I don't have a Mac at home.

As for the maps, yes, they're only in the advanced set up, which is sad, considering that the scripts are pretty good. I believe they are Continents Plus, Pangea Plus, Donut, Sandstorm, Amazon, The Caribbean, Japan, England, Eastern US, and Bering Strait.

14. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

15. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

The bug from the last patch, preventing certain civilizations from using their native architecture, remains (at least as far as the Arabs are concerned, who appear to posses a Native American building set). This was not a problem until the last patch was released--which, as far as I know, you are forced to download. I sent a complaint to Aspyr last month and they assured me that they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed with the next (this) patch. This is extremely disappointing.

Not to be picky, but the way my cities, and the cities of other civs look is a big part of the experience for me.

16. achabot

achabot Chieftain

Wooohoooo. Nice job Aspyr :)

17. achabot

achabot Chieftain

I went ahead and purchased the Viking and the Explorers Maps pack. I have the receipt in my email already. But it never downloaded. When I fire up Civ V, I get a message the things are available in the main screen. If I click I am brought to the store... What do I do now?:confused:

Edit: the Vikings are not available at start up either.

18. gfeier

gfeier King

Welcome to the club. I've already opened tickets with Aspyr and Steam.

19. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

We're looking into it now.

20. gfeier

gfeier King

Better look harder, Ryan.;-) Aspyr replied to my ticket by telling me that the DLC was only available for PCs now and closed my ticket:

"Your Aspyr Support ticket has been closed.
    If you still require assistance, you can reopen this ticket by replying to it."

I replied:

"Darn right I want the ticket reopened! The offer of the Vikings DLC appeared WITHIN my Mac game and I purchased and paid for it. Why did it appear in the game and how am I going to get it without paying for it again? BTW, the Mac Civilization V forum has several posts from others who also purchased the DLC and didn't get it."