1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[VERSION 1.0] Civs and Fixes - A DOC ModComp

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Feb 5, 2018.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

New Endgame Buildings based on @Leoreth's ideas. I tried to be a bit creative with differentiating them from existing buildings, I generally dislike cloned effects.
    • (Automation) Automated Factory:
      • Costs 125
      • +25% Prod w/ Power
    • (Robotics) Container Terminal:
      • Costs 250
      • +100% Foreign Trade Yield
      • +10% Prod
    • (Superconductors) Fiber Network:
      • Costs 200
      • +10% Commerce w/ Power
      • +2 Culture
    • (Computers) Supercomputer:
      • Costs 275
      • +25% Science w/ Power
      • +10% Espionage w/ Power
    • (Satellites) Warehouse:
      • Costs 250
      • +25% Gold w/ Power
      • +1 Trade Route
    • (Telecommunications) Cellphone Tower:
      • Costs 225
      • +25% Culture w/ Power
      • +10% Gold w/ Power
    • (Biotechnology) Vertical Farm:
      • Costs 200
      • +10% Growth w/ Power
      • +5% Production w/ Power
    600 AD Vikings start with less Techs

Fixed oversight in XML code where Nanomachines did not give Workshops +1 Gold +1 Production, it may display the same icon twice in the Tech Tree, but it only gives 0/+1/+1 once.

As always, I love suggestions, if anyone has idea on how to tweak my mod don't hesitate to say it!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes it does. Click Insert and chose

Spoiler :
    Spoiler.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

upload_2018-2-13_23-18-32.png with DoC is a good thing. I think there is a way to make a fork to remote like merjin did.

P.S. How do you have so much time for playing, posting and modding? :crazyeye:

4. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Chieftain

I don't know what causes it, but America starts with Karolins.

Also, may I ask what was the reason to remove Marines?

5. Leoreth

Leoreth Knight of Time Moderator

Okay, I think the conclusion I should draw from this is not to discuss my plans in advance.

DarkLunaPhantom and 1SDAN like this.
  6. ales_

ales_ Heir

Why not?

7. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

Probably an error in the order of the unit constants. I'll get right on it.

Guess I'll be making it able to coexist with DOC then!

I'm currently in college, and have been working on the mod in class, at home, during breaks, just about every moment that I'm not reading, doing classwork, doing homework, eating, sleeping, or spending time with family. I love work.

Though I have not been playing, the only amount of time I've spent in game was the amount needed to make sure my changes didn't break anything.

Sorry.

8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Maybe the modder in chief is upset that modmoders implemented Digital Era buildings before he did. :dunno: :rolleyes:

1SDAN likes this.
  9. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

Yeah, I may not have thought this through enough.

10. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

New Update

Please rename the folder to "RFC Civs and Fixes"

Civs that start with Grenadiers start with Firearm Skirmishers instead

Apparently while merging the new version of Australia the Australian Digger's XML file was duplicated. Fixed.

Removed all references to Marines, thus fixing a bunch of turnstart errors

Australian UHV now requires players to gift Commandos and Special Forces instead of Marines

Tigranes likes this.
  11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

@1SDAN , do you update your modmod when @merijn_v1 updates his? With so many moving parts how can it be possible to avoid conflicts?

1SDAN likes this.
  12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

I do indeed update my mod whenever @merijn_v1 updates his mods. If you use TortoiseGit it is absurdly simple to merge conflicting files.

TortoiseGit automatically finds conflicts and edits the files to following the following pattern:

Code:
    >>>>>> Head
    Your version
    ======
    Their version
    <<<<<<
    So all you need to do is use Notepad++'s search files in folder function to find the conflicts and then edit them so that they work.

You can also easily revert files, so for files like Consts.py that always have 20+ conflicts even with zero changes, you can just revert the file, look up the commit on github and enter the alteration manually.

For adding civs to the Scenario files I use Notepad++'s regex function with the following code, courtesy of @Leoreth and @NKN
    It is painfully easy to merge mods, I highly suggest you try it.

Edit: Updated the OP

13. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Chieftain

Heya. Long time reader first time caller.

So I downloaded the zip file. Figured out a way around the whole path too long thing (I was using Window's Explorer) and put the folder in the appropriate place with the other mods (and the normal DoC mod is there in case you were asking), loaded the mod and it's just the normal Civ IV BTS stuff. Nothing Rhye and Fall related at all.

Do you have any idea what could have been done wrong?

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It would be really interesting if the late era building would provide more unusual effects than simply add another extra % to existing modifiers, something specific to the given city and it's surrounding terrain and improvements. For example

Automated Factory could make it so that every plot that generates 3 hummers can now generate 1 more. It would be uselss to create modern factory in commerse generating city, but city with the mines could really benefit from it.

Container Terminal could be your current +100% Foreign trade but add 10% production from the commerce of trade routes, meaning if New York you generate 10 commerce via trade with London this building will add 1 hummer to it.

Not sure if it can be coded but Warehouse could generate a gold in the amount of farms and mines worked by the city.

Cellphone could generate a culture for every windmill and watermill worked by the city.

Vertical farm 1% food for every windmill and watermill worked by the city (could be overpowered, but the idea is simple -- do not connect the effect to abstract power, connect it to power generating facilities around the cities, which watermill and windmill can represent. In other words, both big and small cities can have power, but HOW MUCH? it will be described by the amount of power infrastructure worked by the city so all the effects will be specific to the improvements around the city and ability to work them).

BasilBerilyum and 1SDAN like this.
  15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

The folder the mod is in must be named "RFC Civs and Fixes" I'll update the OP to reflect that

These are some very good ideas, but I'd rather the end game buildings not break the pattern of effects that the rest of the buildings have. Though if I were ever to add new building abilities in the XML, improvement related abilities would be high on my list.

16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

New Update

(Supermaterials) Supermaterial Synthesizer
    • Costs 300
    • +25% Production
    • -25% Mainanence
    • Requires Factory
    (Television) TV Distributor
    • Costs 400
    • +25% Gold w/ Power
    • +50% Culture w/ Power
    • 1 Scientist Slot
    • 1 Merchant Slot
    (Radar) Air Traffic Control Tower
    • Costs 50
    • +1 Trade Route
    • Requires Airport
    (Fusion) Fusion Plant
    • Costs 500
    • 1 Scientist Slot
    • Requires Factory
    (Fusion) Pure Fusion Missile
    • Costs 500
    • Requires Fusion Plant
    • Nuke

Cell Phone Tower: Added +10% Culture w/ Power Removed +2 Culture

17. Ogi123

Ogi123 Chieftain

Lately I don't have time to play much, so only suggestion for now is to rename skirmisher to javelinman and firearms skirmisher to simply skirmisher.

1SDAN likes this.
  18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

WE HAVE ARRIVED AT VERSION 1.0: Civs, Units, and Buildings!
    After a few weeks of development, I have finally brought this modcomp/mod/thing to a point where I feel comfortable sitting back and starting to play test it. From now on I will be focused on balancing the current content and removing any bugs that come up. Expect less updates and more posts of what I've accomplished in this mod.

@Ogi123 I was about to start my homework! Really? Giving me an amazing suggestion just as I finished modding for the night? Okay, fine! But I expect you to enjoy the madness you helped bring about!

EDIT: Units renamed as suggested. Thanks @Ogi123

Tigranes likes this.
  19. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

Updated to latest version of DoC enjoy!

20. 1SDAN

1SDAN Chieftain

Fixed an oversight where Pirates and Corsairs could enter Ocean.