[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

Try these. Maybe a corrupted install?
It may be due to differences between the released version and the version I'm currently working on. Once I complete the current update I'll check your save again and see if it works.

NEW UPDATE

New Babylonian UP (replaces old one): The Power of Sargon's Legend
No Occupation Unhappiness or Resistance near Contested or Core Cities acquired by 2200 BC

Increased Babylonian Contested Territory

More 4000 BC Indy cities

Hanging Gardens unlocked by Calendar again

Oracle no longer needs fish

Akkadia no longer starts with Uruk

Civ Selection Screen now refers to the Babylonians as the Akkadians

Rebalanced first 2 tech tiers' costs

As always, the UHVs are not guaranteed to be doable and if you're having trouble with one please save the game and send it in with a report of the issues you faced.

I'll work on figuring out the reported error with Egypt and Greece in the morning, it's 10 PM and I need some sleep.

HUGE UPDATE

I've been working for 2 days to make this, with the only breaks I've taken being for essentials like food, sleep, news, family, and the bathroom.

Merged latest Bits of Tales

Enlarged Roman Core

Tweaked Carthaginian Core

Sargon's Legend also prevents the destruction of buildings

Tweaked France's initial core

Tweaked Babylonian AI

Moved Corsica to be useful in the Punic Wars.

Militias have been swapped with Mobs. This was done as the high amount of weak units pumped out by independent cities was intimidating AI Akkadia too much. Mobs are now cheap civilian units that count as military for happiness (Undefended Cities and Happy Police), and Culture. They also have access to the promotions of Militias because I'm too lazy to change something that doesn't affect gameplay.

I also scripted the AI Akkadian conquering of Uruk, because for some reason they don't realize an undefended city with no allies nearby is okay to capture.

Asharittu Bowmen now replace Bears (don't ask) and are focused on capturing cities. Because they are so offensive, they no longer replace Archers, which means the Babylonians can still defend against Persia.

Set some plots around Carthage to a settler value of 3 because the AI is stupid.

Persia no longer spawns with catapults

Carthage gets conquerers against Nuragic and Syracuse. Speaking of which, does anyone know why these cities aren't being renamed on conquest.

EDIT: For previous concerns: The Egypt/Greece error could not be reproduced.

I have yet to take screenshots of an Assyrian game as I have yet to play one. I've been really busy merging mods and making the Punic Wars more interesting these last two days. If anyone would be so nice as to upload some pictures from an Assyrian game I'd be very thankful. If not, I'll hopefully be able to finally play an Assyrian game tomorrow,

Last edited:
New Update

Assyria now starts with 2 Spearmen in addition to their 2 Archers

Assyria no longer flips Susa

Babylonia and Assyria's flip zone now covers all adjacent tiles.

Fixed an oversight where Asharittu Bowmen had a bonus vs Heavy Cavalry instead of Light Cavalry

New Update

Gardens are built faster with Stone and are unlocked at Construction

Babylonians cannot respawn until 1300 BC

I've been testing out Assyria's UHV. I'm not very good at UHVs in general, but I think with a little more practice I can do the conquest part without ending it without a military. I stopped producing units after conquering Babylon because I had so many, and I didn't notice how small my army was until after it was too late. Either way I really like how it starts out with you on the defensive, but once you improve the Copper you become strong enough to take Akkadia, though not without major difficulty. The conquest UHV is certainly doable, the only question is the other two. I forgot to start the Hanging Gardens after I got Calendar, and the Egyptians beat me to it. Here's a screencap of my Empire at it's height.

Screenshot (66).png

Last edited:
With Assyria being at a relatively stable position where most future changes will likely be small ones, I would like to begin working on a Hittite/Lydian civilization. From a brief waltz through wikipedia, it seems like a good way to represent them would be one of four ways:

1. Born in 1600 BC, name shifts to the Lydians after some event, obtaining Iron, entering the Classical Era, losing a city in a certain region, ending a war on the losing side, reaching a certain level of instability, etc. In this case the Bronze Age Collapse has not been added and so their shift to the Lydians have to be abstracted. Fall date 546 BC. Satrapy of Lydia under Persians, Province of Asia under Romans.
  2. Same as above, but I add the Bronze Age Collapse to the game, and any total collapses from this event instead are only to core
  3. Same as above, but with the collapse to core mechanic removed and the Hittites UP being along the lines of "The first Total Collapse is instead a Collapse to Core"
  4. Same as the first, but with the UP pondered about in the third.

I have zero idea how the Bronze Age Collapse should be represented, so if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it. I also have a friend who plays a lot of Civ V who I've been trying to get into RFC, he's a huge history buff so I'll ask him when he comes online if he has any ideas.

As for the UP, UB, and UU, I have yet to put any research into that front, and I'm currently a bit tired of researching for now. Ideas are welcome!

I'm planning on moving Crete 1S and adding an extra row of tiles to the south end of Anatolia to make room for Troy. It's such a huge part of western culture, it feels wrong to add an Ancient/Classical Anatolian Civ and not have one of it's cities be Troy.

With Assyria being at a relatively stable position where most future changes will likely be small ones, I would like to begin working on a Hittite/Lydian civilization. From a brief waltz through wikipedia, it seems like a good way to represent them would be one of four ways:

1. Born in 1600 BC, name shifts to the Lydians after some event, obtaining Iron, entering the Classical Era, losing a city in a certain region, ending a war on the losing side, reaching a certain level of instability, etc. In this case the Bronze Age Collapse has not been added and so their shift to the Lydians have to be abstracted. Fall date 546 BC. Satrapy of Lydia under Persians, Province of Asia under Romans.
  2. Same as above, but I add the Bronze Age Collapse to the game, and any total collapses from this event instead are only to core
  3. Same as above, but with the collapse to core mechanic removed and the Hittites UP being along the lines of "The first Total Collapse is instead a Collapse to Core"
  4. Same as the first, but with the UP pondered about in the third.

I have zero idea how the Bronze Age Collapse should be represented, so if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it. I also have a friend who plays a lot of Civ V who I've been trying to get into RFC, he's a huge history buff so I'll ask him when he comes online if he has any ideas.

As for the UP, UB, and UU, I have yet to put any research into that front, and I'm currently a bit tired of researching for now. Ideas are welcome!

I'm planning on moving Crete 1S and adding an extra row of tiles to the south end of Anatolia to make room for Troy. It's such a huge part of western culture, it feels wrong to add an Ancient/Classical Anatolian Civ and not have one of it's cities be Troy.

Hittites could use the same slot as Ottomans the same way Maya/Colombia share a slot.

I don't see how to model Bronze Age collapse with existing mechanics.

In theory it should be something like that:
1) Societies in fertile cresent (Egypt, Babylonia/Akhadia, Assyria, Hittites) rely HEAVILY on trade routes for maintainance i.e. paying their armies, conducting research etc.
Given this, then some, maybe minor, barbarian spawns can disrupt these trade routes, collpasing the civilizations due to empty treasury. After some strikes, they will be vulnerable to these barbarian spawns and voila, bronze age collapse.
2) If an army is big enough, it harrashes stability due to internal strives, civil wars etc.

If you want to avoid adding new mechanics to the game maybe a combination of plague and barbarians will have the desired effect: weakened armies, some cities conquered, downgrade of cottages, cities, collapse of research etc...

Hittites could use the same slot as Ottomans the same way Maya/Colombia share a slot.

I don't see how to model Bronze Age collapse with existing mechanics.

In theory it should be something like that:
1) Societies in fertile cresent (Egypt, Babylonia/Akhadia, Assyria, Hittites) rely HEAVILY on trade routes for maintainance i.e. paying their armies, conducting research etc.
Given this, then some, maybe minor, barbarian spawns can disrupt these trade routes, collpasing the civilizations due to empty treasury. After some strikes, they will be vulnerable to these barbarian spawns and voila, bronze age collapse.
2) If an army is big enough, it harrashes stability due to internal strives, civil wars etc.

If you want to avoid adding new mechanics to the game maybe a combination of plague and barbarians will have the desired effect: weakened armies, some cities conquered, downgrade of cottages, cities, collapse of research etc...

A plague and barbarians sounds like a pretty good solution, thanks!

I wouldn’t go for that option. First of all, it is an ugly way of implementing civs. This method will be removed anyway in the future.
Secondly, it is harder to code a civ this way. You need checks to see if the slot is the Hittites or the Ottomans all over the place. Coding it regularly is much easier and less confusing.

Everyone, just remove that entire concept of reusing someone's slot from your brain. It's not worth wasting brain cells on.

Also, Lydians and Hittites being related is news to me?

Everyone, just remove that entire concept of reusing someone's slot from your brain. It's not worth wasting brain cells on.

Also, Lydians and Hittites being related is news to me?
I don't think they are, but they existed back to back and the Lydians control very similar territory to the Hitties, so it's either I merge them or the Hittites are an AI only civ.

Weren't both groups linguistically related? The Lydian and Hittite languages are both Anatolian languages, you could easily just call them "the Anatolians" and consider them successor states. It's not so different from how other related groups are treated in the game as a same civ and, if it allows for better gameplay, it's definitely worth the historical generalization!

You should reorder the Civ select screen according to spawn date :) It should be Akkad, Harappa, Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Phoenicia, China, Polynesia, Persia, Rome, India, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Korea, Maya, Byzantines, French, Japan, Vikings, Arabs, Tibetans, Indonesians, Moors, Spanish, Khmer, English, Germans, Tamils and then everything else the same as it has been.

Grouping historical entities by linguistic groups quickly leads you to false conclusions.

(Here is my Finno-Ugric civilization, core is Finland and Hungary.)

You should reorder the Civ select screen according to spawn date :) It should be Akkad, Harappa, Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Phoenicia, China, Polynesia, Persia, Rome, India, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Korea, Maya, Byzantines, French, Japan, Vikings, Arabs, Tibetans, Indonesians, Moors, Spanish, Khmer, English, Germans, Tamils and then everything else the same as it has been.
I know I should, but they I'd have to do a bunch of swapping around of numbers and placements and stuff. I'd much rather work on new features than mindless reordering.

I'm going to begin implementing the Hittites now. If anyone has any ideas for a UP, UB, UU, or UHV don't hesitate to tell me.

Top Bottom