[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

Uh I was playing as Vietnam, and the Venetians just spawned??? Who snuck this in
That was @citis with their Bits of Tales. They implemented a new "Polity" system that is best described as using Dynamic Cores. From what I understand, the French start out with their core in eastern France and Western Germany, and at some point will change, and the same goes for Venice becoming Italy. I have yet to play as France or Italy, so I can't give any details beyond it looks cool.

Okay I'm thinking a reworked Huluganni for the UU, specifically with a Attack Buff vs open terrain and cities, but with debuffs to defending and rough terrain. It'd encourage the Hittite game to be about attacking your enemies before they can attack you, as on your home turf your UU will be mostly useless, but against Egypt, southern Mesopotamia, Elam, and the Levant, you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

For the UB, I'm thinking of a Kārum, it'd replace Lighthouses, be unlocked at Property, does not require coast, gains 1 happiness with Iron, but causes 1 unhappiness. It's able to be built anywhere and is unlocked two full tiers early, but in exchange gives 1 unhappiness until you have Iron, which requires a tech of the same tier as the Lighthouse's.

For the UP, I'm thinking the aforementioned first Total Collapse is a Collapse to Core instead would work well not only as a protection against the Bronze Age Collapse, but also as insurance should the player end up unstable. Of course, it can't protect against an invasion so the Persians, Greeks, and Romans would be the main threat to the Hittites.

I'm also thinking that the Ottomans should be a conditional spawn, for what I hope is a very obvious reason.
The Hittite core is the west half of the Ottoman core

In 4000BC scenerio, China, when I move settler 1N and build city(for iron), then next turn there will be a city anto-build on spawn plot.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0222.JPG

Grouping historical entities by linguistic groups quickly leads you to false conclusions.

(Here is my Finno-Ugric civilization, core is Finland and Hungary.)

Reductio ad absurdum? I never said that should be the only criteria or that it worked all the time, all I said was "yes, these two groups were related". If you consider that they shared their territory and had complementary timelines as well, well, then maybe they can be treated as a single thing for the game purposes.

HOTFIX UPDATE

Thanks to @soul-breathing for their report.

Apparently I misunderstood the purpose of the function that I placed my Capital Move code into. Because it's called multiple times per civ, and not just the turn that a civ spawns, if a player founded their capital adjacent to their spawn point, the city would be moved back to the capital. Due to a bug in Python which I've yet to figure the source of, the original city is never destroyed, leaving two adjacent capitals.

It's fixed now.

Another bug appear in 1700ad scenerio, in this scenerio every turn is 10 year, I run the game to 2100, and it's only 40 turns. Also in Bit. @citis

I also suggest to add Vietnam to 1700ad scenerio, also have mentioned it to merijn.

Another bug appear in 1700ad scenerio, in this scenerio every turn is 10 year, I run the game to 2100, and it's only 40 turns. Also in Bit. @citis

I also suggest to add Vietnam to 1700ad scenerio, also have mentioned it to merijn.
I'll let @citis handle this one if it's from their mod like you say, I'm currently working on adding the Hittites and if they're going to fix it anyways I might as well make the most efficient use of my time. If by the time I've added the basic features of the Hittites this isn't fixed, I'll look into it.

I'll let @citis handle this one if it's from their mod like you say, I'm currently working on adding the Hittites and if they're going to fix it anyways I might as well make the most efficient use of my time. If by the time I've added the basic features of the Hittites this isn't fixed, I'll look into it.

Fixed and commited:
Just change the beginning of 1700AD file as follows:
GameTurn=400
StartYear=-4000

Just so everyone knows, I've just completed the DLL and XML additions for the Hitties. Now I just need to add their UP, their Python implementation, and their UHV. As always, UHV suggestions are appreciated. I am planning on merging the latest Bits of Tales after adding the Hittites, so expect the 1700 AD scenario to be playable by the end of the day, Eastern Standard Time.

I would say a conquest UHV but at this point the Bronze Age civs are so over-saturated with conquest UHVs. Maybe a UHV relating to defeating a certain number of Egyptian, Phoenician and Akkadian/Assyrian units?

I would say a conquest UHV but at this point the Bronze Age civs are so over-saturated with conquest UHVs. Maybe a UHV relating to defeating a certain number of Egyptian, Phoenician and Akkadian/Assyrian units?
I was thinking "Control X Trade Routes by Y year" to represent their conquests. Each city would allow 2 extra trade routes with a lighthouse, so if we set it high enough, given their geographic location and historical/contested territory, it'd be a UHV that represents their historical conquests without outright requiring warfare.

You know how @BarbarianX suggested some changes to Anatolia for the Alternate Map? Well I've ported some aspects of it to CMC, specifically the Mountain Range, the Uranium, the placement of existing resources, and the sheep and fish out east. I've decided not to add any resources to Anatolia outside of the food-poor eastern area, as I'm a bit cautious about making Anatolian civs too powerful.

Screenshot (67).png

Just a heads up, due to a combination of forgetting to factor in the changing of Anatolia and my dad watching Dragonball Super in the other room, I am unable to meet the previous expected timeframe. I have finished the basic Python code, am currently working on tweaking the Greek, Turk, Byzantine, and Hittite's Core/Birth Areas, and only have the Hittite's UHVs and UP left. It's 10 PM so I have to go to sleep, but I'll resume work when I wake up, which usually varies anywhere from 6 to 10 AM.

Just a heads up, due to a combination of forgetting to factor in the changing of Anatolia and my dad watching Dragonball Super in the other room, I am unable to meet the previous expected timeframe. I have finished the basic Python code, am currently working on tweaking the Greek, Turk, Byzantine, and Hittite's Core/Birth Areas, and only have the Hittite's UHVs and UP left. It's 10 PM so I have to go to sleep, but I'll resume work when I wake up, which usually varies anywhere from 6 to 10 AM.

Sleep please! Is a basic human need.

About UHV: If they represent also Lydia destroying the Persian empire could be one goal ("if you attack you will destroy a great kingdom"), maybe the third one.

Also Hittites were known for having the only resource of tin in fertile crescent (while other civs had to import it), so maybe something like "be the first to aquire an bronze and an iron source"

NEW UPDATE!

Added the Hittites!
UP: The Power of the Lydians (Tentative Name) - The First time the Hittites would suffer a Complete Collapse, they Collapse to Core instead.
UU: Huluganni - Replaces Chariot. 0% withdrawal chance, 2 Strength, +200% City Attack, +50% Hills Attack, +100% Plains Attack
UB: Karum - Replaces Lighthouse. Unlocked at Property. Does not require Coast. +1 Unhappiness. +1 Happiness with Iron.

UHV1: Trading Empire (Tentative Name) - Control 20 Trade Routes by 1200 BC (Tentative number of routes, if this is too much please alert me)
UHV2: Implements of War (Tentative Name) - Control 3 Iron, Copper, and Horses resources in 546 BC
UHV3: The Iron Age (I like this name) - Be the first Mediterranean Empire in control of an Iron resource. (AKA India and China don't count)

Spawn: 1900 BC
Core: western Anatolia, historical and contested area is ripped from Turkey for now.

Credit for Leader to Amra

Moved Crete 1S, Extended Anatolian Coast 1S, added Mountains to eastern border of Western Anatolia, added Uranium to Anatolia reverted Bits of Tales Constantinople terrain change (Shouldn't have issues but if there is please alert me)

Slightly modified the Greek and Latin languages to include Miletos, Halicarnassus, and Troy, work needs to be done to give names to the inland spots they used to take up.

Added the Hittite Language, it's something I haphazardly threw together, being the Babylonian Language, but with the Hittite name for Hattusa, Troy, and Halicarnassus (I think)

Help fixing up the Anatolian CNM is greatly appreciated.

Added Independent Troy, which flips to the Hittites on spawn.

Attempted to add Plague in 1300 to represent Bronze Age Collapse, but have yet to see it occur in game.

Now it's time to merge all the mods that've been updated

Just tried a Hittite game and I couldn't even accomplish UHV 1 in time... I don't know if its the number or timeframe or both, really. Everyone has such heavy defenses that it makes it difficult to take two cities in time, let alone get the necessary trade routes.

Just tried a Hittite game and I couldn't even accomplish UHV 1 in time... I don't know if its the number or timeframe or both, really. Everyone has such heavy defenses that it makes it difficult to take two cities in time, let alone get the necessary trade routes.
That's bad. Is it specifically the cities on hills that are giving you trouble? How many cities are you able to take before the end date, and which ones?

Well I gave it one try, and please note that I'm sort of terrible. I took Halicarnassus and the first independent city in Armenia (can't remember the name), the Assyrians took the other Caucasus, so I attacked them and razed it, only for them to lead a massive stack against me and take back the other indie city in the area.

Top Bottom