1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 1.10g CTDs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by woodelf, May 13, 2006.

1. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I figured I'd start dropping them into one thread so Kael can find them easier.

This one has happened twice so I know it's there. The first time I simply went to desktop, the second I noticed the "war" coming sounds, it spun for a couple of seconds, and then went to desktop.

2. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

Had a crash a fair while into the game, when hitting enter to go on to the next turn. Will see if I can reproduce, I'm just not bothered right now...

3. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Hmm... this is being caused by the Priest of Leaves trying to cast Summon Tiger. Im at a loss to figure out why there is a problem summoning the tiger. I created AI priests that summon them just fine and my own priests even in that game can make them. Hmm..

4. woodelf

woodelf Bard

On the bright side, that's my only CTD so far and including the SGs I've played 5 games! Not completely, but through 200 turns or so.

5. Chalid

Chalid Black Dragon

I v an CTD here. The ai.log shows nothing unnormal.

6. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Talchas,

Woodelf's CTD shows the following log:

I tried moving up to your latest ffhspells cvgamecoredll.dll and it seems like it fixes the issue (though I have to jump through a few hoops to get it to work). So I suspect you may have already fixed this. But I was wondering if you see anything unusual in the above logging, if I delete the priest mentioned above, or remove his ability to cast the Summon tiger spell the ctd doesn't occur.

7. Kael

Kael Chieftain

I don't knwo the cause of Woodelf's CTD but I built a full build on the 110g code from Talchas's latest spell system and it doesn't happen anymore. So whatever the bug is, Talchas fixed it.

Chalid's CTD was actually caused by Woodelf. Specifically Yavin the Wood Elf, one of the AI cities just completed building him and his art wasn't linked correctly, hence the CTD.

Keep them coming if you guys find any more issues.

8. talchas

talchas Chieftain

It looks ok, but I don't have the tons of debugging statements that I use to find CTDs (I wanna stack trace :(), so there probably wouldn't be anything. Do other summons CTD, or just tiger?

9. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Just the tiger and just in that instance. I couldn't get a ctd off of other tiger summons if I or the AI did it. Its possible since I didn't find the x factor that other summons in that same situation would have done the same thing.

Its not worth stressing about, its my fault for not staying up on your latest code.

10. woodelf

woodelf Bard

That is still my only CTD. :clap:

11. Corlindale

Corlindale Chieftain

Got a reproduceable CTD in our current succession game. It kicks in at End of Turn, and I suspect it is because we are supposed to get a cultural victory in the following turn. Attached the save.

12. woodelf

woodelf Bard

:cry:

NOOOO!!!!

Well, that blows.

13. wilboman

Out of interest, has anyone here ever tried for a cultural victory before? Maybe this is connected with the victory condition.

14. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I never have. I've never won at all since I try new stuff, crash, try again.

15. wilboman

The CTD I mentioned earlier is the Yavin the Wood-Elf-crash, I'd say. But something else interesting is connected to Yavin:
    First off, all cities can build him, simultaneously.
    Second off, the city screens in towns that build him, don't display correctly. Change to something else, and they are back to normal.
    Save file attached, for illustrative purposes.

16. wilboman

Well, I know conquest is possible, since I ran through a painfully simple conquest victory just fine. And I think religion has worked in the older versions.

17. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Can we fixed Yavin's spelling to Yvain please. :)

18. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Will do, here is his Pedia entry:

19. woodelf

woodelf Bard

You failed to mention his fascination and rumored romance with Alexis...

Other than that it's perfect!

20. wilboman

Both Cultural and Religious Victories worked fine for me. I did cheat and use the WB, but that shouldn't matter, should it?