Version 40 Design Cycle Plans

I didn't tried the new v39, so maybe these problems (I saw in 38) are out-to-date.

1) the AI was bit dumb. Every other civilisation collapsed/decayed becouse of internal reasons. Overexpansion (to many cities), negligated criminality-problems, and later the pollution. When I started the game, i wished to play a difficult and taut game, where the other civilisations pose threat to mine...

But in the end, I gave law enforcement units (and ecologist) to the other civilisations. (I felt pity for them)

2) it is nice to have extrateressial terrain plots, but obviously i will not make a map, where gas-gigant plots and venusian plots are placed between a floodplain and a jungle. And of course a black hole next to my medieval village would be wierd a bit.
But unless I make such a wierd map, many advanced buildings (manufacturing, researching) will be unavailable in the later game.

A separated Earth-map, separated interstellar-map and a separated out-of-solar-system-map is needed.

Last edited:
it is nice to have extrateressial terrain plots, but obviously i will not make a map, where gas-gigant plots and venusian plots are placed between a floodplain and a jungle. And of course a black hole next to my medieval village would be wierd a bit.
But unless I make such a wierd map, many advanced buildings (manufacturing, researching) will be unavailable in the later game.

A separated Earth-map, separated interstellar-map and a separated out-of-solar-system-map is needed.

Its not needed - buildings and units have various map categories, that sort them only to certain terrains, so you have Earth buildings, Lunar buildings and so on.

There are space map scenarios on forums and SVN too.

Last edited:
I didn't tried the new v39, so maybe these problems (I saw in 38) are out-to-date.

1) the AI was bit dumb. Every other civilisation collapsed/decayed becouse of internal reasons. Overexpansion (to many cities), negligated criminality-problems, and later the pollution. When I started the game, i wished to play a difficult and taut game, where the other civilisations pose threat to mine...

But in the end, I gave law enforcement units (and ecologist) to the other civilisations. (I felt pity for them)

2) it is nice to have extrateressial terrain plots, but obviously i will not make a map, where gas-gigant plots and venusian plots are placed between a floodplain and a jungle. And of course a black hole next to my medieval village would be wierd a bit.

38 was basically a release disaster. Then 38.1 tried to help. Then came 38.5...a bit better. V39 is hands down better than the v38 cycle. I hope we release an update for v39 because things are moving much faster this cycle in a good way!

Try one of Kation´s or of my space maps from the Maps & Scenario subforum.

We're getting there. Still a lot of steps in the way here but we're working towards it all the time.

Thank you for the reply!

Snofru1, I have checked the ping file of your map. Quite cool!

For Ellis Island you would need recursion: first culture buildinng gives second building gives third building and so on.

For others should be easy enough.
Looks like giving Ellis Island a list of free building tags may do the job, eg.
<FreeBuilding>BUILDINGCLASS_GOOD_SAMERICAN</FreeBuilding>
etc

I'm still alive, but I would bet against doing any more modding. Too swamped with other projects with no break in sight.

I'm still alive, but I would bet against doing any more modding. Too swamped with other projects with no break in sight.
Nice of you to stop by at least!

I'm starting to sense some real potential for multimap development to reach a stage of implementation somewhat soon so maybe by the time you come back you'll be able to work with the real thing instead of our proxy solutions.

Looks like giving Ellis Island a list of free building tags may do the job, eg.
<FreeBuilding>BUILDINGCLASS_GOOD_SAMERICAN</FreeBuilding>
etc
I don't think it would work - it would have to be nested tag.

@alberts2 you shaved 10 seconds of EoT wait off this save with SVN 10862.
Now it takes only 2:40 to process it :)

I wonder how fast it would be if I snapped half of all units present in this save.
You could even add ThanosSnap (tm) as debug python function accessible in WB :devil::ar15:

Similarly debug tool to count all units by unique <type> would be useful

I saved game as scenario.
There are around 5500 units in game total.
Two weeks later that save took 1 minute 30 seconds to process it with final release DLL.
Turn time is cut by almost 50%

Two weeks later that save took 1 minute 30 seconds to process it with final release DLL.
Turn time is cut by almost 50%
Yeah its very cool! Just change a compiler and linker flag and it allows it do a much better job optimizing the terrible code.
We can do better than this though, I didn't even start on the list I made in the other thread!

Yeah its very cool! Just change a compiler and linker flag and it allows it do a much better job optimizing the terrible code.
We can do better than this though, I didn't even start on the list I made in the other thread!
By the way Yudishtira's save took around 7 minutes to process two weeks ago (6143 turn).
Now it takes minute and 20 seconds, meaning this one was much more wasteful.

Also I like instant production popups - they are instantaneous even in this very advanced game.

By the way Yudishtira's save took around 7 minutes to process two weeks ago (6143 turn).
Now it takes minute and 20 seconds, meaning this one was much more wasteful.
Yeah this is the one I have been using to test as my "late game" save, it is quite useful. However if anyone else has later game, perhaps entirely populated space map or something that would be useful!

Also I like instant production popups - they are instantaneous even in this very advanced game.
Yeah that is what happens when it goes from showing 300 buildings to 5 :mischief:

Yeah this is the one I have been using to test as my "late game" save, it is quite useful. However if anyone else has later game, perhaps entirely populated space map or something that would be useful!
Now I wonder if its possible to optimize turn times on beginning of game ;)

I found some older save in Nanotech era, it crashed close to 3 minutes of processing turn.

Attachments

• save+minidump.rar
    7.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Top Bottom