1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

version?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by bgbruce, Sep 25, 2010.

1. bgbruce

bgbruce Chieftain

So how does one find out which version of the program is installed (i.e. which patches, etc)? I've looked around the game screens and in Steam, but I can't seem to find anything. I've heard there's a patch out but don't know how to tell if I have it or not.

2. DrPepper836

DrPepper836 Warlord

If you look at the bottom of the main menu, the version # is in small white letters. The current version ends in .17

3. bgbruce

bgbruce Chieftain

Got it, thanks. So if my version is x.x.x.7 how do I cause the patch to be downloaded/installed?

4. DrPepper836

DrPepper836 Warlord

Steam should do it automatically. If it hasn't so far, try closing and reopening steam. Also, if you go to library -> Civ 5 -> properties (right click) -> Updates, there is an option to turn updating on or off. Make sure that this is on.

Oh, and patches don't break saves anymore. :goodjob:

5. bgbruce

bgbruce Chieftain

I had to kill the Steam.exe process in Task Manager and then run it again. It then download the patch immediately. Thanks for your help!