Very disapointed without map editor

Warguy2007

Chieftain
I have been playing Civilization for many versions. I was enjoyed only with the map editor. Without map editor, Civilzation is nothing but a so-so game which I won't buy and I won't play. Just want to know if 2K gonna sell the map editor to rip off more money from us or not? Any news about the release?

Boy Oh boy from the sound of all the disappointed and angered mobs I'm glad to admit that I'm glad to have not bought Civ 5. The moment I heard it was only steam released already told me it was going to be a giant elephant dropping.

Maybe I'll wait 2 years after it's finally released in it's entirety I may or may not be interested in it.

Boy Oh boy from the sound of all the disappointed and angered mobs I'm glad to admit that I'm glad to have not bought Civ 5. The moment I heard it was only steam released already told my it was going to be a giant elephant dropping.

Maybe I'll wait 2 years after it's finally released in it's entirety I may or may not be interested in it.

The game is wildly successful and most people are having a lot of fun with it.

But hey, maybe you are right and angry forum posts on the internet are representative of the situation.

EDIT: It'll still be on Steam in 2 years, so why would you be interested? Move along, friend, maybe Civ VI will be more to your liking.

EDIT: It'll still be on Steam in 2 years, so why would you be interested? Move along, friend, maybe Civ VI will be more to your liking.

Actually I was interested in getting a pet parrot instead of Civ 5....At least my parrot won't need Steam to be "activated". :lol:

I have been playing Civilization for many versions. I was enjoyed only with the map editor. Without map editor, Civilzation is nothing but a so-so game which I won't buy and I won't play. Just want to know if 2K gonna sell the map editor to rip off more money from us or not? Any news about the release?

On the Steam store page, and the back of the box, it states quite clearly that the mod tools will be available for free after release. :rolleyes:

jeez, what's with the mass steam hate? Steam isn't THAT bad. If you've actually tried it...?

I own 16 games on steam including Civ5 and I have no problem with it at all.

or is there something wrong with Steam that I've missed?

Actually I was interested in getting a pet parrot instead of Civ 5....At least my parrot won't need Steam to be "activated". :lol:

Even on the most basic level, your attempt at humor falls completely flat.

When you are trying to bridge together two things in order to denigrate one, make sure they are at least somewhat related and share some similar themes.

Plus it has nothing to do with what I said, which was to inform you that it won't matter how long you wait Civ V will ALWAYS require Steam. So yes, a pet parrot does not require activation on Steam, but Civ V does.

Yeah, I really don't get the hate from Steam at all. What are even the complaints for it? Steam Cloud is great, Steam sales are great, the Steam Community is great, Steam updates are great.

It seems like any time someone has any kind of installation problem all they do is chant "death to Steam."

What? Are they saying installation problems ONLY happen with Steam?

This thread had nothing to do with Steam until cr0ws showed up.

I get the sense that they desperately want Civ V to fail just to validate their stance on Steam.

Clearly, people's inability to read makes Steam a bad thing.

There are 50k people playing Civ V right now (not counting those running in offline mode), making Civ V one of the most successful games on Steam right now, only second to CS, CSS, and MW2. It can't be *all* bad, neither Civ V, nor Steam.

Clearly, people's inability to read makes Steam a bad thing.

There are 50k people playing Civ V right now (not counting those running in offline mode), making Civ V one of the most successful games on Steam right now, only second to CS, CSS, and MW2. It can't be *all* bad, neither Civ V, nor Steam.

actually civ5 is top right now, at the time of posting.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

edit: based on the amount of people playing right now.

Top Bottom