Very hard to expand in this game!

Aussie_Lurker said:
how many of you playing the game have experienced AI civs 'filling up the map' and/or building in crap locations as Zhanz has experienced?

On my continent I've recce'd the other civs. I've yet to see any cities in locales that I would categorize as "poor choices". There's no lonely burgs in the middle of the desert, for example. But... bear in mind that there's still plenty of room to expand for everyone. This could very well change as most of the premo real estate is gobbled up.

The most disconcerting aspect of the game, for me anyway, is not knowing each tech, improvement, unit inside and out. This will, obviously, change with experience, but it really does feel like there's a lot more significant choices to be made in the early game. Many times I'm overwhelmed by the different routes/paths to take.

Thinking ahead, I can easily see build patterns/optimizations that are strongly suited towards certain playstyles/strategies: economic, military, research, religion, balanced, etc.

This worries me slightly. Although I don't mind having fewer cities, if it's still 21-tile-cities the tiles will be felt more. I wish they had made it so that cities occupied more tiles instead.

We have been assured by the developers-time and time again-that the AI is blind. It is blind to resources that aren't already on the map and they are blind to what people have in their cities. I really don't think it would be worth their lives, or reputations, to lie to us about something like this ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Volstag said:
Thinking ahead, I can easily see build patterns/optimizations that are strongly suited towards certain playstyles/strategies: economic, military, research, religion, balanced, etc.
Next game I play, I'm going for the Swordsman rush ... "Wipe them out."

Top Bottom