1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Low AAR

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall RAND' started by Arkaeyn, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn Chieftain

Finally having my computer and internet back, I can play the new RAND! First game, I pick the Germans on a large, temperate map. Happily, they spawn instantly, in a huge pile of resources. This ought to be interesting. With a scout at the start, I manage to pop hunting and another scout, leading to initial masses of exploration.

I go for Masonry to pick up the marble near my capital. Unfortunately, it's got forest, so I have to pick up Bronze Working as well. Makes it difficult.

The Aztecs spawn at 48. Monty starts with Confucianism, at turn 48. This seems very early for Mathematics. After 50 turns, I get a "Most Advanced." I'm in last place of five. This could be difficult.

Nobody's built any wonders yet, and Judaism is the only religion spawned other than Confucianism.

I'm occupying the center of an apparent pangaea, with no spawns anywhere near my core through the ancient and classical era, although Low stability near my capital suggests medieval troubles. China and Aztec eventually spawn near enough that our border cities run into each other.

Checking the Worldbuilder, I see it's actually a wrapped-around Inland Sea map. The civs are fairly spread out - I doubt there's been a war, and no early collapses that I can see. We'll find out with the barbarian assault I presume is incoming, but for now, it appears that there's too much space between the early civs.

2. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

So how about the 2nd part of this AAR? Is it any time soon?

3. Ready_set_go

Ready_set_go Too Late

Might be a dumb question, but what's an AAR?
    Nice story though.

4. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

After Action Report, basically it means someone plays a game and writes about how he played it in an interesting way, mostly with a story involved.
    Personally I find them very fun to read, maybe I'll try writing one in the future :p.

5. Ready_set_go

Ready_set_go Too Late

I'll try one....

I spawned with Mali, right next to an over powered Inca. After about 20 turns, they declared war, and I held them off for about 20 turns. Then Egypt discovered me with a fishing boat and got conquerors... Crossbowmen and Trebuchets when he only archery... Then Mayans also spawned and declared war... And then I lost

6. MrBanana

MrBanana Chieftain

That was depressing.