Very old 1990s America civil war scenario

antisthenes

Chieftain
Hey all! A long time ago (we're talking about 2000-2001) I downloaded a Civ2 scenario in which there was a civil war between various factions in the contemporary US. I remember that the default player civ was the Mormons and that the East and West coasts were controlled by a blue civ called the Libertines. There was a lot of humor and I think Jesus was a 99/99 unit.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? Anyone have it kicking around somewhere? I've been trying to find it for years, but no dice.

I've been playing Civ2 since the '90's (I bought it with my very first Windows computer), and I've seen a LOT of weird scenarios in that time, but I'm afraid I haven't heard of this one. Did you originally find it here, the Scenario League, Apolyton, Cradle of Civilization, the German Webring, Mercator's Site, or where? As far as I know, there haven't been a tonne of sites that actually hosted these scenarios.

I figured out what it was called: "U.S. Civil War 2001." It was a modpack. The author went by Nero. There's a discussion of it here but unfortunately the solution listed no longer applies. You can see the scenario description under number 15 here. That site became Apolyton, and it still has the TFGC2S archive on it, but unfortunately USCW2001 is no longer one of the mods listed.

I figure if there's anyone who has this file, they'd see this thread!

Nero, eh? He was the author of such great classic Civ2 scenarios as Red Front, Second Front, and 2094 Days of War (all those in collaboration with Alex Colville), which are considered among the best of Civ2 scenarios made. I didn't know he had made this though, or anything like it.

Sorry, my mistake, I meant Nemo was the co-author of the above scenarios. I don't know for sure if I've heard of Nero.

Top Bottom