1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Very strange map

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by thebird, Jun 2, 2011.

1. thebird

thebird Chieftain

My friend and I played on a very strange map yesterday and I was wondering if anybody else had played on one like it, pictures and save attached.

Recently, I am always out of synch at the start of a game, not a big deal. Before I reconnect I am always in this grassy plain with a couple trees and maybe some corn, nothing else. This time I was the host so I just had my friend reconnect, at first I thought we had just started in a grassy area but my scout eventually ran around the entire world, there was supposed to be two large continents. The only source of hammers outside of our capitols was iron, bronze, and cows. There were only trees at spawn points, the rest was just grass with some rivers.

We managed to kill off the Inca but there are billions of barbarians wondering around not all of our troops survived the trip over there. It is actually a pretty fun map to play, when my buddy got two extra hammers on a tile from a random event it was a BIG deal.

We were using BUG 4.4 and the map script was planet_generator_0_68 that came with BUG.

Attached Files:

2. theskibum

theskibum Brewer of Oatmeal Stout

wow...thats a lot of grass. Definately a cottage heaven. Its going to take forever to make any productive tiles though!

3. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

Egad. Better get real friendly with SP Workshops, I guess...

4. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

Reminds me of this :D. What settings did you use with the PlanetGenerator mapscript to get that?

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

A 100% greenland maps normally means that the map script somewhen during the map creation crashed, that's the normal "fail" map.

6. thebird

thebird Chieftain

I don't remember the exact settings, it was supposed to make two large continents but it didn't. Like The_J says, it is a "fail" map, so whatever settings I used are meaningless :)

@The_J Thanks for confirming what I had suspected about this map.