Very Thin Borders (territory.pcx)

T-mun

King Numa
EDIT: Here's an improved version of my older work. There were some flaws that are corrected now, and you can still choose from two different style (straight or two-tones).

Preview:

You can download it here.

Here you can see what part I corrected:

Attachments

• Screenshot_Borders_corrected.PNG
    Screenshot_Borders_corrected.PNG
    174.9 KB · Views: 863
Older version:

Here's a pack of four different territory.pcx files, all looking very thin (as thin as possible). Three of them have a shadow, making them easier to see (when you're having green civ-color on grassland for exemple).

I am currently using the "soft" version, which looks less flashy in my opinion. I just wanted my borders to be seen but not too much, and this one fits perfectly.

Thanks to Pounder for all the tips he posted about the territory.pcx file, and to JJansen for his "Thin Floating/Improved Territory Borders" (I borrowed a lot from him). His work can be found here.

The four pcx ca

Previews:

No-shadow version:

Spoiler :

The same with shadow (thin_alt)

Spoiler :

"Straight" version:

Spoiler :

The same but softer:

Spoiler :

i would go with the no shadow version, as much as i can tell, but i assume this thin versions have nothing to do with stico's view of the world. again nice borders :hatsoff:

As I said in post #1, shadows are useful when your neighbour civ has green as civ-color and lives in the jungle. I once met Japan in this situation and couldn't tell where their borders were. Anyhow, it's a matter of taste I guess :)

Looks great, themanuneed! Nice work! :goodjob::)

Nice work,

I also saw two illegal/outdated versions of erased works of mine :/ :)

@Kyriakos: I thought I was using some perfectly legal cities from the great "New Series", my favourite of all time. I can take this screenshot down if you want and/or replace the city graphics with something else. BTW I'm not selling/uploading any work of yours ;) I have to admit I got a bit lost with all the different updates and thought I could use the ones I prefered.

@Azazel: they go into the Art\Terrain folder of your Mod or Scenario folder (something like Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\...\Art\Terrain)

@Yoda: thanks mate :)

:p

Some of them are outdated, but obviously i was joking :)

:whew: Now I can breeze again. It wasn't that obvious :D
Outdated isn't the right word, IMHO they stand their ground proudly and it's merely a matter of taste. I prefer this series for its good graphical quality, variety of Civs covered, and size on tiles. The evolution through eras is very nice too.

Top Bottom