Veteran soldier loses muskets

buck beach

Prince
Colonist goes to school and learns to be a veteran soldier. Comes out of school and I want to make him a dragoon. Only way I know is for him to join a colony and the reform as the dragoon. But when I take him into the colony he loses his weapons and they aren't stockpiled in the town. Therefore to reform I need to have weapons in the colony separate from those he takes in.

Not having really played vanilla maybe this is the norm. Thoughts or comments?

A colonist (veteran soldier) that graduates from school does not have muskets equipped. He will need to enter town and when turned into a soldier or a dragoon will pick up weapons from the warehouse.

Colonist goes to school and learns to be a veteran soldier. Comes out of school and I want to make him a dragoon. Only way I know is for him to join a colony and the reform as the dragoon. But when I take him into the colony he loses his weapons and they aren't stockpiled in the town.

Akrux is right: he doesn't "lose" his weapons because he doesn't have any. Veteran soldiers created through education are not equipped with guns, you've got to buy them in Europe or make them yourself.

This said, it's far too easy now to educate dozens of veteran soldiers. Why fight wars with anything else?

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

This said, it's far too easy now to educate dozens of veteran soldiers. Why fight wars with anything else?

For fighting natives and Europeans, I agree. The settlement attack bonus is very worth the 500 gold. When fighting the REF however, I feel that the 500 gold investment isn't worth it. Veterans have the settlement attack(and defend? I've never been sure) bonus, increased experience gain and veteran 1. There's a founding father you can pick up that gives veteran 1 to all combat units. When I fight the REF I'm mostly fighting outside my colonies so the settlment attack bonus is wasted. The only advantage left for veterans is increased experience gain. This is valuable since your units will heal faster during the revolution in addition to the increased strength, but is it worth 500 gold per unit? I'd rather buy more horses.

Maybe my strategy is wrong? Should I be purposefully losing a settlement so that I can utilize the settlement attack bonus?

Top Bottom