Veteran Soldiers

forlorn.hopes

Chieftain
hi: just wondering: whether u can train vet soldiers in the schoolhouse (or college etc) and whether u needed to have guns in the city be4 u could get the option of promoting the free colonist to a vet soldier or something

Yes you can, if you have the patch installed. You need to have a vet soldier working in the colony and be able to afford his fees on graduation. Guns are only required after he has been trained.

I just wanted to mention that this is an excellent way to spend the last bit of time before the revolution. In fact, one of my colonist farm cities has a nice college and a veteran soldier working in the fields. The spot is nearly 80% Sons of Liberty, consequently I get loyal free colonists that can get trained up as veteran soldiers.
All I need to do is give them some rifles from my stockpile. Another patriot for our fight of freedom!

Here's another question on Vets:

The fact that they have two promotions is what really makes them Vets, right?

But if you Clear Speciality you can make train them to be some other kind of unit - yet they still retain their promotions.

Doesn't this mean Vets can do "double duty"... you can train them to be something else, and then they'll still fight just as well, when the time comes?

Also - although this might be too costly and time consuming - in theory you could Educate whomever to be a Vet (if you have the right setup), then back-educate them to be whatever they were before - thus making a more capable population?

Of course, it's probably not worth it in C4C because education buildings get used up... it's more viable in AoD2, where eduction costs stay fixed. But even there, it would be quite a bit of trouble, and you'd probably only do it when convenient.

Anyway... do I understand it correctly... is Veterancy basically entirely retained even if you Clear Specialty on a Vet?

Top Bottom