Victories - Which Is Easiest While Going Up in Difficulty?

Which Victory is Easiest while Going Up in Difficulty?

• Total voters
Thing is, often (when playing continents) the human player controls most (if not all) of his continent, be it via vassals or completely finishing off the AI so he has lots of land, citites, wonders. This gives him a huge edge when "going for" time victory. Also the player can stir up trouble on the other conti to slow them down even more. This is way easier than invading the other conti persueing DOM.
This doesn't apply for every map but often is the case (not only on continents).

In such a scenario winning via space or diplomatic would be far less cumbersome and attained earlier than time. You'd have to harass the AI out of space and possibly culture if you wanted to win time, whereas if you go for space or diplo you don't have to bother with all that.

I voted AP because I'm very used to it - it was my first win on emperor and (so far) only win on immortal. It's gotten to the point where if I manage to build it myself I know AP victory is possible (although things going wrong can still prevent a win, I'm in a strong position if I have it).

I've won exactly one space game since I went up to monarch, and that was only because futurehermit hosted a game with space, no cottages, and no wonders as conditions. I haven't touched a victory other than conquest/dom/AP/UN in quite some time ;).

The way immortal is railing me I may need to go space in it as it seems I can't catch up in tech easily or if I do very late. War is still possible late of course but getting domination when multiple civs are pushing victory thresholds is a roll of the dice unless you have a substantial lead in tech or unit count (and against immortal AIs I can't).

I dunno, Alexander did it pretty quick. Then he OD'ed on laxitives.

i voted diplo because thats what ive been doing lately.
i only play monarch tho so i wouldnt know any higher.
i can safely say though that dominations is probably easiest now that i think about it.
i just kinda give up on the military path after ive subdued a few civs and go for the diplo and space.

I voted UN, because I usually play on emperor, with Standart to huge Terra maps, so I cannot reach domination, nor conquest, because if I try, I always win UN first, because of all my vassals and my huge pop.
Without choosing your civ and foes (and rebuilding map until marvelous starting city), Immortal and Deity is quite random, I guess Culture is the easiest then, because if you have a good diplo, you never get involved in wars, which means you play against yourself only.
(And I always play normal speed so forget about conquest above Emperor)

Space is pretty easy for me, considering it is my favorite way to win and tech pace speeds up each level.

Time would be impossible on emperor+ as my games tend to be won or lost by the early 1900s, oddly I have about 10 victories right at 1912.

Time would be impossible on emperor+ as my games tend to be won or lost by the early 1900s, oddly I have about 10 victories right at 1912.

My friend, I believe that means you've won a Taft Victory rather than a Time Victory.

[/worstjokeever]

Thing is, often (when playing continents) the human player controls most (if not all) of his continent, be it via vassals or completely finishing off the AI so he has lots of land, citites, wonders.

Then wouldn't victory or conquest be more natural?

frekk said:
Then wouldn't victory or conquest be more natural?
Why natural? You have to build a complete navy (you didn't have before I guess) and more troops you can ship over to the other conti. I find it far easier and quicker just leaning back and hitting <shift> + <enter> continuously.

Although I myself DEFINITELY woud build a navy, more units, leech my vassals and invade the other conti :hammer: But I guess many players are more reluctant to do this as it's risky and time-consuming. Something you usually don't want in a already-won game....

Why natural? You have to build a complete navy (you didn't have before I guess) and more troops you can ship over to the other conti. I find it far easier and quicker just leaning back and hitting <shift> + <enter> continuously.
Prolly because that would set you up for defeat.

The AI will pursue a space race victory and other civs will go for cultural and at higher levels the AI will achieve those goals well before 2050.

So you'll have to attack them anyway to upset their plans.

When I cannot be bothered to invade the other continent myself I go for diplo victory. That way you only need to stay just below the threshold yourself and get atleast one vassal to vote you in. It's easy and it nets you a higher score.

I guess it's usually because the mapscript I play with most features a New World where nobody starts - we're all usually on the same continent, or a few nearby continents, to begin with. And in the later game, all in the New World too.

I voted for cultural, because most of my best (in terms of used difficulty) wins have been cultural victories. I agree that time victory is very likely the hardest victory type on higher difficulties, though I've only won at Monarch and easier difficulties.

Top Bottom