1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Victory Condition- Run Off

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Provolution, Aug 14, 2007.

?

Victory Conditions

Poll closed Aug 17, 2007.
  1. Diplomatic

25.0%
  2. Domination

25.0%
  3. Spaceship

50.0%
  1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

VICTORY CONDITION- RUN OFF

One of the main problems in this game has been the inability to agree on a common goal. This is why I yet again would like to have the three options with the most support repolled in order to figure out what we want.

72 hour poll, public, three options, there will be a run-off of the two leading options if there is no single option gaining more than 50 %.

OPTIONS

1. Diplomatic
    2. Domination
    3. Spaceship

2. Provolution

Sorry, I made a typo in the previous poll.

Of course, it is typically me to forget to be diplomatic :)

3. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I wonder if a multiple choice poll would've been better here. If everyone is allowed to vote 2 out of 3 options we can see what we should aim for ánd what we could aim for if Plan A fails.

4. Provolution

You may be right Hyro, do you mind setting such a poll up, with the preferred option and a runner up option? Or we can have two polls, the other covering the runner up in itself. The problem is the interpretation there.

I think, personally, that a run-off of the two best options, is the easiest and best. We still got a couple of wars to handle.

5. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

We can let this poll continue and put the two loosing victory conditions in a seperate "runner up" poll. It'll give the same result (most likely) and may be a little bit less confusing.

6. Provolution

I agree on that, I am beyond the point of confusing polls at this stage.

7. Provolution

I think this poll is illustrative for having a break from both me and Dutchfire, as the majority goes for Spaceship, whereas I and Dutchfire voted for our separate Domination and Diplomatic victories (how appropriate :) ).

It is good the people find their own way, that is healthy.

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

*Cough* *Cough* Ahem...... ;)

Only 1 week has passed :crazyeye:

9. Provolution

Spaceship won the victory poll.

10. robboo

robboo Deity

One thing to consider...you may want to win by spaceship BUT we shouldnt turn our head and let another victory slip past if it presents itself.

Recent example...I had 1 turn to win by spaceship. I built the UN to stop others from doing so. I loss on the 3rd vote by a diplomatic victory because the other allaince voted as a block. two lessons...dont help someone win by building the UN and dont think you have a victory in the bag and pas sup other opportunities.

11. Provolution

You are of course free to repoll it :)

12. robboo

robboo Deity

NO...that would be a delay tactic and I voted for space. I am simply stating that we shouldnt pass up an opportunity if it jumps out at us.

Polling something like victory is a valid poll. It gives us a direction. What I Am saying is we should not let this poll limit our options. This poll is not a clear majority so its obvious that there is room for flexibility. We still build labs and work for space BUT if we can build the UN and get the votes then we should. Likewise if all we need is more population or a little bit more land to win domination...then we should.

We could repoll it then BUT the object is to win is it not. I dont see why anyone wouldnt vote for the quickest victory if its staring us in the face.