Victory Condition?

Black_Hole

Deity
I thought I would just start a discussion about which victory condition we want to strive for. This is nothing offical or anything, just informational.

Personally I like Rik Meleet's idea of histograph, this requires a balance of military, science, and culture! Plus this would be the first DG we go for this....

Well, 20K is out, 100K would be tough at this point. Diplo is boring. Conquest and Domination are violent. Histographic sounds good to me.

Black_Hole said:
I thought I would just start a discussion about which victory condition we want to strive for. This is nothing offical or anything, just informational.

Personally I like Rik Meleet's idea of histograph, this requires a balance of military, science, and culture! Plus this would be the first DG we go for this....
My idea of histograph ... ???? :confused:
Now when did I say that ???

For this DG I'm for a Diplo victory. With Culture as 2nd.

How can Diplo be boring?

At this point, Diplo seems a pretty good chalenge. I mean, we started a War, and we're #1, so winning by Diplo would be a challenge.

No more war victories - while I agree they are fun, once you get a huge army there is really nothing to stop you, and it's all downhill once you conquer your continent. Histograph would be an interesting challenge, but do we really want one civ to have 1 city while we press enter for the least 100 turns?! I say: Let's see what we want to do later in the game.

Rik Meleet said:
My idea of histograph ... ???? :confused:
Now when did I say that ???

For this DG I'm for a Diplo victory. With Culture as 2nd.
hmmmm mayb it was DZ, but i thought it was you, unfortunately I cant find it because searching being disabled....

My lowest choice would be Diplomatic, its too boring...
Histograph would be challenging, since we have to stop other ppl from building the UN, getting spaceships, and too much culture

War!

How can we let the people in other contries remain slaves to their oppressive masters. We should strive to place everyone under our enlightened protectorate!

If not then Space! Lets leave the poor swines to rot and head for the stars and a genetically pure colony!

(PS I do feel the need to stress at this point that these views are about the opposite of my RW views!)

I like the histograph idea. It is in some sense the perfect Demogame victory, because it encompasses several aspects of the game (unlikes Domination or culture victories).

I think dipolmatic is the answer. We should try to be a good international citizen bulid trading resources and giving gifts of techonology. We will all live in a better world. Also i think that United Nations is a great idea to promote international cooperation and understanding.

P.S. I do feel the need to stress at this point that these views are about the opposite of my Real World views!

So your real world view is that we should try to be a bad international citizen, destroy trading resources and hoard technology? And the UN is a terrible idea?

Hmmmmmm sounds strangely like the world we live in :mischief:

Nobody said:
P.S. I do feel the need to stress at this point that these views are about the opposite of my Real World views!
I would to say a few short words.A NEW POWER, IS RISING IN THE EAST. WE HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION, TO WAR!!!! That is all.

I'd like the challenge of a histograph victory. Now about warmongering, it's great and all, but it gets old real quick.

see with histograph we have to have some wars, we have to have peaceful times of culture and science
everyone is happy!

I say go for the diplomatic win. It's such a dramatic finish as the game is decided in a quick vote. It requires a lot of pre planning and honourable actions.

Gregski said:
I say go for the diplomatic win. It's such a dramatic finish as the game is decided in a quick vote. It requires a lot of pre planning and honourable actions.

It requires a lot of bribing and declaring war on someone everyone else hates.

There is bribed Diplomatic Victory and honest Diplomatic victory. A bribed Diplo victory requires MA's with all civs against the most likely other candidate. An honest Diplo Victory requires a nice attitude and generosity all through the game.

I prefer an honest Diplo Victory.

New idea: we could resign one turn before achieving victory of any kind :crazyeye:

Top Bottom