Victory Conditions for each Civ

Bookworm52

Chieftain
So, I'm making a Civ 6 achievement guide, and I'd like some input on what civs are optimized for what victory conditions.

Thanks!

-bkwm

These are just some obvious ones or ones I have already done.

America - Culture
Kongo - Culture
Arabia - Religious / Science
Germany - Science
Aztecs - Domination
British - Domination?
Scythia - Domination
Sumeria - Domination
Japan - Generic?
Spain - Religion but not really suited towards it in any particular fashion imo

I'm probably forgetting a few obvious ones.

If I had to list each ideal victory and the reasons why I think that:

America (Teddy Roosevelt) - Cultural, with some small buffs to home-continent domination to help you get there, but the film studio alone settles this. Not to mention the National Park bonuses and the fact that legacy bonuses push you towards Civics AND the culture from the rough rider kills.
Arabia (Saladin) - Religious/Science, but moreso religious (to maximize your science bonuses, you want to spread your religion far and wide. And if you've gone that far, why not see it through?)
Aztec (Montezuma I) - Domination. With a slight religious backup, but if you need to default to this you really screwed up.
Brazil (Pedro II) - Any. Their bonuses are fairly useful all around. That said, entertainment complexes by far help the most in keeping conquered cities happy
China (Qin Shi Huang) - Defensive turtle-culture (Great Wall + Crouching TIget for defense against enemies, wonder rushing + great wall for culture)
Egypt (Cleopatra) - Like Brazil, any. Most of Cleo's bonuses are pretty diverse and flexible. That said, her Sphinx gives her a slight lean towards culture/religion due to boosting faith and culture. The Maryanu Chariot Archer arguably leads towards some early game domination, if you can fit it into a build order. In addition, the extra gold makes fielding a massive army easier.
England (Victoria) - Midgame domination, late-game cultural. Early game is building up infrastructure and trade routes to transition into a mid-game domination sweep as you conquer other continents via Sea Dog (which are easier to make thanks to your Royal Navy Dockyards) + Red Coats. If you can't get enough of a foothold to go all the way for domination with this, your Archaeological Museums are a cultural backup which can put out an IMMENSE amount of tourism. And your lands are vast enough due to conquests to make lots of archaeological sites accessible (also, Terracotta army is a must for Victoria)
France (Catherine De'Medici) - Culture. Wonder production + tourism bonus + Chateau + Garde Imperiale = Turtle up and culture out like crazy. The Flying Squadron can aid with timing which wonders to build as well, and extra spies are good for sabotaging enemies and stealing Great Works
Germany (Frederick Barbarossa) - Science/Domination. Science is hugely reliant on production and you get Hansas. But you also have a direct military buff in terms of said bonus military slot and the bonus production meaning more units. The production boosts would lend themselves well to culture as well, though
Greece (Pericles) - Defensive culture, pretty obvious. Pray your city state allies don't die. Religion is a viable backup since you can rush a Great Prophet like no other due to the early wildcard slot, though.
Greece (Gorgo) - Domination/Culture. Definitely early game domination, then you can easily flip flop back and forth without falling behind in the other depending on how your game is going.
India (Gandhi) - The faith boosts make religion an obvious one... but that directly conflicts with their Dharma ability since obviously, if you wipe out religions, their beliefs aren't coming to your cities. Still trying to make sense of what to actually do with them
Japan (Hojo Tokimune) - Overall versatile, sliiiiight domination lean. Though science is the least viable of the four. But he has boosts to holy sites, encampments, AND theater squares which are crucial for the other three. Bonus production is good for everything. There are some combat bonuses with his UU and the Divine Wind ability, however.
Kongo (Mvemba a Nzinga) - Literally every ability is geared towards culture
Norway (Harald Hardrada) - Naval domination with the Stave Church providing a minor religious backup
Rome (Trajan) - EXTREMELY versatile, their bonuses suit just about every victory aim. That said, you should be aiming for some early game domination to make the most of the legion and rapid expansion abilities, so potentially that.
Russia (Peter the Great) - Religion/Culture. Bonus faith from Tundra is nice, and Dance of the Aurora can become very powerful in Russia's hands. Flipside, the Larva provides bonus points to GWAMs, which is huge for a cultural victory. The large amounts of land also make expansion via domination a little less necessary.
Scythia (Tomyris) - Obviously domination, though the Kurgan faith boost can help with pulling out a religious victory too but.... domination. Seriously.
Spain (Philip II) - Religion via domination. Convert any civs you can, conquer the rest come renaissance with your conquistadors and (usually) return the cities to them in peace deals. In addition, the +4 combat strength bonus applies to your Apostles, Missionaries, and Inquistors.
I'd also advise saving Apostles/Missionaries that are down to one charge for even MORE Conquistador combat boosts.
Sumeria (Gilgamesh) - Early game domination for sure (RE: Warcart). After that, pretty versatile, but either domination or science are likely the best ways to go. Religion would be the worst as they receive zero buffs to it and should be focusing on campuses instead of holy sites in the early game.

Top Bottom