Victory Conditions Problem

inuyashasama

Warlord
Hi, I'm new here. Bought Civilization IV just a few weeks ago, and found a lot of sites suggesting Fall from Heaven, so I installed it and found, holy crap, it's twice as good as the game it comes from.

Then I noticed Fall Further, and it was even better, adding a bunch of useful stuff, so a big thanks to the people who made both.

Now to the problem. I didn't put this in the bug thread because I get the feeling I'm just missing something, and it isn't a bug.

I'm playing a game as the Lanun (Bucaneer's Spirit owns), made an alliance with Danmos of Dural, who then built the Mercurian gate.

We have achieved victory three different ways, but the game hasn't ended. We have 86% religious influence, and everyone has it as the state religion except for the agnostic lizardmen, and the Order worshiping Malakim.

I own three cities with legendary culture, but nothing happened.

Together we control 80% of the world's population, and 65% of its land mass.

I'm almost certain I enabled all the standard forms of victory for the game, so what's going on? Does making an alliance change the victory conditions? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

Save file is attached.

Attachments

• Inuyashasama Turn_0579.CivBeyondSwordSave
    824.1 KB · Views: 102
In the upper right hand corner, there is a little button that looks like a fist. You should be able to open this up and it will show you what you need to do to achieve victory. Additionally, it has a page that displays what settings you started the game with, allowing you to check things like "Yes, I did accidentally enable no FoL", or "Yes, I did accidentally enable always peace". From the sounds of it, you accidentally disabled most of the victory conditions, or they were disabled because you did not run a play now before playing your current game.

-Colin

I didn't come up with the population and land mass numbers of the top of my head, those came straight out of the victory conditions box. I looked through the options, but didn't see anything amiss.

What do you mean by a "play now"? Do you mean that before starting a custom game I have to use the play now button?

There should be a second pane in the victory conditions that will tell you all of the settings for the current game. That being said, if it is stated in the victory conditions, then it should be an applicable victory condition (IIRC). Go to the second pane to make sure that the three separate methods of victory that you stated you have are selected as possible winning options.

As for the play now, whenever you switch mods you should run a play now before starting a custom game, as each of the games has different numbers of settings/etc. If you went from playing FFH to FF, there may be more or less settings than are displayed, and it keeps track of which settings by where it is in the column, not the names. This means that some invisible settings from FFH (ex. the scenerio settings) may be selecting different settings in FF, and vice versa, etc. Running a play now resets all of these hidden settings to the default ones for whatever mod you are running. You do not have to play the play now, you just have to launch it, and play maybe 1 turn or so, and then you can go to your custom game without worrying about any of these hidden settings being enabled. After you have run 1 play now, then you don't have to run another unless you switch mods, as the settings carried over from the previous games are the settings of that particular mod, but if you switch mods, you have to run a play now again. Note, this is the usual reason why people experience troubles similar to yours, hence why it is almost always one of the first questions asked when someone is experiencing problems.

-Colin

Due to the way saved options work [saves the placement, like 3rd option, instead of value, Barbarian World (or whatever the 3rd option is)], when you switch between mods you can end up with a hidden option being activated. Running a 'Play Now!' game clears the saved options... Just have to let the game load, then you can exit and go back to a custom game.

Top Bottom