Victory Conditions

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
A lot of discussion has been that the independence wa seems out of pplace. I'm all for adding Dale's Economic Victory condition. But what other ways to victory can there be? please provide thoughts.

Wonder Victory? - build or capture all seven wonders of the ancient world
Conquest? - eliminate all tribes and colonizers from the map

And a cultural/power projection victory sounds appropriate too. All those semi-barbaric tribes on the edges of a healthy empire might decide to join under the right circumstances, and perhaps once a certain percentage of the known world is within borders this way...

What else? A sort of Patriotism victory? After a series of succesful conquests, alot of tribes/nationalities exist within the borders. Perhaps once a high enough percentage of the total population is "romanized" victory is established. This could be established or encouraged by choosing the right type of civics. (ie Meritocracy over Slavery, and Republic over Imperial)

I know veBear did a great job adding the Romans, but I was wondering what people thought of changing the independence ending to a Roman invasion. Maybe have it that your colony is trying to maintain independence in the face of growing Roman Rule of the Med (they are taxing your trade etc) until eventually the height of your civilization sparks an invasion.
thoughts?

Do you mean the Romans not as a playable civ then?
But I certainly like the idea, as it depicts what happened in those days.

maybe. I thought about an dif I went with this I would make the roman civ act just as governor of a roman colony (they tended to rebel too).

So you'd be facing off against the Roman Empire though you may be an idependent Dorian, Ionian, Trojan, Punic, or Roman Colony. I probabaly need more input before going with it. But i think plays to the flavor better (I also thought about being invaded by Alex the Great but Rome fit better)

Hey Ekmek, do have any art needs right now? I've put my mod on hold due to Windows issues, so I'm taking some time to improve my graphical/coding skills. I can't promise anything on a deadline, but if you need, I can help out a bit. (I'll DL this mod tonight/tomorrow and check it out!)

BTW great job on this! :goodjob:

EDIT: Oh, sh!t, I posted in the wrong thread! Hope you don't mind... :crazyeye:

What if we added a Domination/Conquest Victory, where you have to defeat all other colonies and their home nations (and they sure got some unit's in their home cities). Also you have to got at least two natives as your Allies(defensive pact) or Vassals. This would make conquest pretty hard, as it should be.

Top Bottom