1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Victory Conditions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fairy Tale Mod' started by dafiden, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Highwayhoss

Highwayhoss Red Lantern of Civ4 Earth

Maybe as an analogue to a space race how about some form of Great Quest Victory? Each Civ works to launch some sort of great quest (for example maybe to the mythical continent to the east.)

Also maybe include the Mastery Victory modcomp as well?

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

That was about the idea I meant by this...

3. dafiden

dafiden First Founder

What about putting a character who can save the world isolated in the southern jungle, but guarded by very powerful monsters? If defeat his captors and get him and bring him to your capital, or get him to some remote place (like on the mystical eastern continent, which could be all the way at the eastern edge of the map), you win.

4. Le Sage

Le Sage Chieftain

I love it, Dafiden! :goodjob: Let's get it in the game for the update!

BTW, and on another note. From the screenshots, something seems to be wrong with the Highwayman Unit's Art Defines. I must check up on that too.

5. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

He probably have wrong animations. Try the animations of the Egyptian archer and see if it works (different from the vanilla archer).

6. Le Sage

Le Sage Chieftain

Yeah. Arms and arrows flying about is always the wrong .kfm. I'll check it later tonight.

7. dafiden

dafiden First Founder

Thanks. Sure thing, but see my PM for working out the logisitcs of the update.

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I'm glad my screenshot served two purposes!

8. Le Sage

Le Sage Chieftain

I really love the ideas for Quest Victory Conditions. This idea could be so much; like "kill a specific number of rival nation National Heroes" and so on. In fact, Quest victory in Fairy Tale could involve the National Hero as a whole. Like "Bring over your National Hero to the Eastern Continent", or stuff like that.