Victory Overhaul

Starrynite120

Prince
I am working on a total conversion mod (Into the Nebula), part of which is doing a victory overhaul, as I find the current victories, well, boring. So I want to post my idea and see what people think of it.

There is going to be only one victory (aside from Domination), but multiple ways to achieve it. It is a point victory, and lets say you need 5 points to win. There are a variety of ways to gain points:

-having 20 virtues
-getting a city to 40 population
-having a certain surplus of energy and a certain income
-having a certain amount of wonders
-having 100 health

and so on.

All these things that are impressive and difficult to attain, or that require specific planning and strategy, give victory points.

Further, I was thinking of making the current victories still part of this, but that they give perhaps 2 or 3 points, making them desirable but not the only way to win.

What I hope to accomplish with this is to make the game longer but also require more planning and strategy, as so many decisions will matter much more now if you require multiple strengths rather than just focusing on science and affinity gain.

So what do you think?

As a question, does anyone know if Game.SetWinner still works from CiV?

Sounds interesting.
Maybe take total number of technologies and divide by 5, then every x gains a point as well.

Another question, can you combine the different ways to get the different points. i.e. do I just need five points or do I need five points from a "single source"?

Sounds like the prior.

It would be the prior. That way your nation has to be strong in multiple areas rather than just focusing on science and affinity gain.

I feel the same as you with regards to the current state of Victories ... but what worries me is that the AI may never achieve those 5 points you are thinking of ... not even on Apollo.

I guess maybe one should think of it as a personal achievement then ... with the only limiting factor being maximum turns?

Yeah the AI is always a problem, isn't it? I'm going to try and make it fairly simple objectives and see how it goes.

Top Bottom