Victory?

How will we win?

• Total voters

BCLG100

Music Master
I appreciate how this is a poll and polls are meant to go in the polls bit but was trying to encourage some discussion and not just mindless spam of people going 'i want to kill therefore conquest'. So which is it to be.

Conquest
Domination
Space Race
Cultural
Diplomatic
Final Score

Whats everyones opinion on the chances of us actually getting each one, i wouldnt mind winning a conquest victory and believe that this is more possible than a domination victory, conquest would imo incorporate both the need for science(to get better units), military (obviously), diplomatic(who next), while also needing excellent infrastructure management so would give demogamers chance to excell.

I'd like to see the Domination victory. It is the most difficult victory conditions in Civ4 and provides for most excitement and challenge.

RegentMan said:
I think that it's a bit premature to be discussing victory. Let's see where the game naturally takes us.

We should have clear goals at the start of a game, we dont want to ride the wave we want to make the waves.

Domination isn't that hard. I've done that one before. Space is obviously the easiest.

Diplo or cultural are the hardest IMO. But I've never intentionally tried to get either.

Cultural is actually the easiest imho, there is noting tricky about it. Just build cathedrals (music) and cottages in 3 cities and research to drama. Having broadcast towers also helps but is not required.

Diplomatic is a little bit tricky if done properly but not very tricky. It does require substantial licking of AI boots however which is the main disadvantage.

Top Bottom