1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] VidLP - Deity Australia, epic speed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by inquisitive_otter, Mar 25, 2019.

1. inquisitive_otter

inquisitive_otter Chieftain

Greetings CivFanatics! For this play-through, I decided on playing Australia. This is primarily because of the Land Down Under ability where campuses, commercial hubs, holy sights, and theater square districts get a bonus based on the appeal of the tile where they were founded. I believe that this stacks with the +100% adjacency bonus policy card, such as natural philosophy, making for some amazing yields!

Watch as I play as Australia in deity.

Game setup:
    Epic Speed
    9 city states
    Fractal Map

Mods: None

UI enhancements: Concise UI

Episode 1:
    In this episode, I start things off in the outback. Right next to the frozen tundra.

2. inquisitive_otter

Episode 2:
    Watch as disaster strikes at the capital twice and I start to regret founding the city on the floodplains. I also discover an old friend and find out who is next to my sworn enemy from the last deity series.

3. inquisitive_otter

Episode 3:
    In this episode I discover that I’m playing with an old friend and I start to focus on Australia’s economy.

4. inquisitive_otter

Episode 4:
    Disaster strikes again! In this episode, watch as Cahokia actually gets some decent tiles. Wait... how many citizens had to die for this?

5. inquisitive_otter

Episode 5:
    In this episode, I discover how great the AI is at placing districts next to natural wonders and I start my global warming crusade to melt that ice!

6. inquisitive_otter

Episode 6:
    Watch as I finally get my science in gear, discover the power of Australia's unique Citadel of Civilization bonus, and start claiming some great people.

7. inquisitive_otter

Episode 7:
    Watch as I steal a great work of art right through the front door, keep progressing towards a science victory, and just have a little war.

8. inquisitive_otter

Episode 8:
    Watch as I keep progressing my science victory and discover an AI that votes against everything that we are for.

9. inquisitive_otter

Episode 9:
    In this episode, I discover that we are accomplishing our goal of taking global warming levels to the max and I try to figure out what is going on with my jet fighters.

10. inquisitive_otter

Episode 10:
    In this episode, I narrowly escape going into a dark age, avoiding loyalty problems with the on going war. Science victory is imminent, but maybe a dominantion victory would be more fun.

11. inquisitive_otter

Episode 11:
    A new episode was just released! In this episode, I try to progress my global warming agenda and have fun with giant death robots. All while simultaneously cooking some amazing broccoli!

12. inquisitive_otter

Episode 12:
    In this episode, we discover that America is about to win the game through a science victory. Maybe the complete annihilation of his empire with some giant death robots will help our chances of winning.

13. inquisitive_otter

Episode 13:
    Finale. Will Australia be able to pull off a win?

Thanks for watching the series! I have another one starting up in a couple days.