[R&F] [VidLP] Deity Cree - Pass That Peace Pipe

Omega Alden

Warlord
This is the start of my Cree game (standard/continents/deity) where I'm looking to secure a peaceful cultural victory. This is not a style of play that I'm accustomed to, and any advice is greatly appreciated. I record two of these videos a day so there is definitely time to get in advice and hopefully see it the next day put to use.

We just want to make the world's best tourist trap and keep everyone happy. We get off to a bit of a rocky start as we run into Tamar of Georgia and she doesn't like us right off the bat for some reason, but we try to keep her from doing anything to break the peace. Finding our Bro-of-Lifting Swolegamesh and befriending him might help keep her at bay, and it also guarantees us a friend for quite some time at least.

We're trying to expand, build some initial wonders, and get our theater districts up and running. We don't have a whole lot of time to expand so we need to try to grab up anything useful as soon as possible, hopefully without angering anyone.

I also made a promise to Swolegamesh to not settle near him, but I want to settle in an area that's relatively close. Does anyone know how far away you have to be to not break the promise?

We're doing well to maintain the peace up to this point, but we can't seem to stop Tamar from hating on us. Either way we're just trying to up our tourism trap game. Hopefully our friendship with Swolegamesh can keep things nice and peaceful on our continent.

Also, it looks like 9 tiles from city placement to nearest city is enough to not break our promise with Swolegamesh. I don't know if you can get any closer, but I didn't want to risk it.

We meet the cast and crew of this world via some alliances. Tamar is still having none of it though, which is a shame because an alliance with her would have been very nice. She's having so little of it that she decides to declare war on us. This breaks the peace for the first time since we started. Poundmaker is devoted to the cause of peace though and continues to push for peace regardless of hostility.

Tamar doesn't seem to be into this whole war thing. We pass that peace pipe and bury the hatchet. We could be the best of friends, Tamar. It's all on you. We're still on that tourism grind, looking for every great person and wonder we can snag.

Cyrus decides to war with the world but it has little actual impact other than we're not at peace any more. We're picking up artists, archaeologists, wonders, and anything else that might give us a hint of tourism. We're trying to make a national park in the mountains but Sid Meier told us no. It really seems like we should have been able to build it in the mountains.

Cyrus tries to come at us with some knights. They decided to pick a fight with my hilliest city though so we were able to get a bunch of shots without them doing much. The AI is silly sometimes. We just want Cyrus to leave us alone so we can be the best tourist trap there ever was. Radio is going to help us reach the hearts and minds of everyone.

Computers and seaside resorts brings our tourism to the level where no one can help themselves. They have to come to our land. If they don't they are ridiculed by everyone else on the internet. "Ha, this guy has never visited Mistawasis. What are you, a farmer?"

Top Bottom