[R&F] [VidLP] Deity Mapuche (The girl that's hard to get)

Omega Alden

Warlord
We begin our journey on deity difficulty with a standard continents as Mapuche. We find Germany pretty quickly and they are quite aggressive off the bat. They capture one of our nearest city state and then go directly after our capital. They will pay for this aggression!

Our end goal is probably going to be either a cultural victory or domination. I haven't played a cultural game in a while and the Mapuche unique improvement helps a bit there potentially. Either way, lots of fighting is in the cards.

The seed is in the video at the beginning if anyone cares to join in. Also, does Mapuche sound like Shipoopi? Probably not, but it's how I got this title.

Germany was not properly prepared for the wrath of Lautaro. Early German aggression could not be forgiven, and the Mapuche remove the German influence from their beautiful continent. The world is better now that the Mapuche are free to expand as they will.

We work on clearing up the barbarian hordes in our territory while upgrading our infrastructure. We're waiting on the next era to figure out who to start a war with. You best watch your back if you get into a golden age, Lautaro's comin'.

Lautaro needs iron! We got ahead of ourselves researching stirrups and didn't have any iron. As soon as we get a little iron we should be able to send a few knights after Rome. They decided to go and have a golden age so we need to make sure they're aware that that's a problem.

Nice.

For anyone looking for a good youtube channel to watch high level civ play on, I highly recommend this one. :)

I'm glad you enjoy the content, Icicle! Thanks for the support.

We upgrade our forces and prepare for war with Rome. We're also trying to get cities settled across the continent so no one else tries to join us.

The war begins with Rome, and we make good use of the anti-golden age ability of the Mapuche. Loyalty isn't the greatest, but we're going to make it work.

Our war with Rome is progressing nicely, but loyalty is a struggle. This is actually worse than I expected because a free city is harder for us to fight than Rome because we lose the combat bonus against the free cities. We'd much rather a city be Roman than free.

Loyalty is still a struggle still as we're taking Roman cities, but our Malón Raiders are getting to the battle now and helping maintain control.

Through no fault of our own, Georgia and the Cree decide to go to war with us. We ignore them for now and focus on conquering Rome.

Everyone in the world hates us. Well, everyone but Swolegamesh. We manage to finish off Rome and are coming up to a new era. Who will dare to bring our wrath by being in a golden age?

We begin our assault on Georgia. Tamar's units have Defenders of the Faith which counters our anti-golden age bonus, but luckily that doesn't apply to her cities. We manage to overcome and take a few of her cities without any loyalty incidents. So far this is better than how our Roman war went.

We manage to strike at Georgia's capital and other large cities and loyalty is strong. Georgia isn't long for this world if we feel like destroying her. Our progress on tourists seems so slow to me, but we're way ahead of anyone else in victory conditions.

If you have any advice for making the culture win easier please let me know!

Georgia can't stand up to the power of anti-golden age Malón Raider armies assisted by a single battering ram. It's insurmountable. We spend our time here conquering Georgia and building up more tourist generation.

Goodbye Tamar of Georgia, we hardly knew you. We also send our Indiana Jones friends out to fill our museums. It belongs in a museum! Our tourist generation starts to go crazy as we hit computers, and we're trying to boost that number any way we can.

We have a lot of chemamulls and seaside resorts to get going now that Eiffel Tower is up and running. The world should back off and let us become the world's giant tourist trap.

Swolegamesh and Gitarja are jealous of our tourism and think they should be fighting us. We disagree. We're just about that tourism, boss.

Our tourism is ramping up. We're trying to do everything we can to maximize tourism. We decided that food wasn't as important as cool statues so we ripped out farms for chemamulls. Also forests, jungles, marshes. If a chemamull fits, we don't care what happens.

We're trying to replace our own population with tourists. We'd destroy a city we thought it'd draw a crowd. Nothing but tourism matters. Everything else be damned!

Swolegamesh and Gitarja fear our tourist trap and declare war, but cannot send troops into our territory because the know they won't want to return. We finish up a couple of wonders, plant woods to try to get some more tiles capable of having a chemamull, and grind out the final tourists.

Top Bottom