[VidLP] Monty Deity Huge pangea map Honor

Soronery

Prince
Up to turn ~140 with commentary. Trying out honor with Monty. Not really satisfied with the game layout (pangea map messed up) so I was considering ending it but maybe I will continue.

(Video may still be being processed)
http://youtu.be/nV0exYKlfO8

Watched the full 2,5 hour. Was really curious how it is to play at deity and I found your deity strategy very interesting! Do you often use this strategy?
You settled your capital at a resource. What happens with that resource and the possible bonus gold, production and food.

You 're really not lucky with this sort of continents map.
I am really looking forward to your next part.
So please go on! ;)

I haven't played G&Ks for long but I think this is a viable strategy. I am refining it. I think you get some of the bonus from the resource but its better to improve it most of the time. Settling on a lux will get you the lux right away so it is sometimes a good idea. I'll probably continue the game on the weekend or friday or something.

Okay. Yea, I am also curious what it exactly does. Do you often go for the honour solicial policy straight away or only if you play with an agressive civ? Most people go fo or a tradition or a liberty policy. Don't hear people much about honour.

Haha, I am curious what are you going to do with the Romans and the Byzantines. ;)

I think I will try to play a new game going honour.
I played this out to about turn 220 and I don't think there is anything I can do. The terrain makes it impossible to do anything to byzantine without artillery (or a big navy). I can only take junk cities. By turn 220 the Iroquis have built a space ship booster and all I have are junk cities from byzantine. I have no access to Rome or the Iroquois due to terrain. I'm going to replay this one more time from where I left off and try to go for Korea and see how it goes.

Honor is good if you are at war a lot (lots of dead units=gold+culture). It isn't a very good opening but I'm trying to refine it and make something work.

I find it difficult to define my strategy before knowing the map. In this game Honor was probably not your best choice just based on the map. It is too difficult to try a quick domination strategy on that map based on the inaccessibility of the other civs. Sure it helped you a lot in conquering the Huns, but left you far behind in tech after that. I think you can get away with deciding on strategy beforehand on King or lower, but not likely on Emperor or above.

That's not to say that Honor won't work in some circumstances, even on Deity difficulty, just probably not on that map.

Top Bottom