[NFP] Vietnam Discussion Thread

On that note. Am I the only one who thinks their UA feels a little, underwhelming? I mean the extra yields from buildings is nice, but +1 Science/Culture/Production really isn't a lot, especially since it'll be a very long time before the full +3 bonus per district can really click in.
I guess it's to balance out the Civilization, like what they did with Gaul. Maybe if they increased those Yields to +3, it could work. Hey, @pokiehl, think you could add this to the Civilizations Expanded mod? Thanks.

Edit: As @Kupe Navigator said, the Thanh exists, so that's probably why the Yields are that low.

This is the closest thing going back to topic. I have a hutch that NFP will be FINAL Civ6 Expansion patch. and F'xis is likely to begin workin' on Civ7. at least to compete with HUMANKIND on equal terms. (Where there's a possiblility to see Siam duking against Dai Viet in that setting.

If this is 'just a game' I don't even enter modding Wulin in this Civ6.
Personally things that should be more interesting is that Mekhong 'Rivalty' scenarios. where three countries (Burma, Siam, and VN) are dukin' against each other and still must maintain a good relations with China unless you think you can stop their invasions on an open field.
You can already do the rivalry thing with China and Vietnam... considering many times China attacked and occupied Vietnam.

On that note. Am I the only one who thinks their UA feels a little, underwhelming? I mean the extra yields from buildings is nice, but +1 Science/Culture/Production really isn't a lot, especially since it'll be a very long time before the full +3 bonus per district can really click in.
I have the same thoughts here. Restricted district placement may weaken adajency bonuses and +1 yield from buildings in a district will not compensate this. Maybe its because of their unique district that seems preety strong?

PS. I would love to see more SE Asia civs. No problem for me to see Khmer Siam Vietnam nad Burma, Philiphines and Indonesia in a one game.

I have the same thoughts here. Restricted district placement may weaken adajency bonuses and +1 yield from buildings in a district will not compensate this. Maybe its because of their unique district that seems preety strong?

PS. I would love to see more SE Asia civs. No problem for me to see Khmer Siam Vietnam nad Burma, Philiphines and Indonesia in a one game.

It seems taking advantage of the district adjacency-boosting policy cards (e.g. Rationalism) is going to be a challenge since they are even more at mercy of map generation. Maybe playing Vietnam will be another good opportunity to try other policy cards and form new strategies to circumvent this?

There is only so many space for South-East Civs and to be frank having Khmer, Indonesia and Vietnam is more than enough.
Don't be insensitive to Vietnamese people. I would understand if Vietnam had been civ 3,4 and 5 and Siam has never been in Civilization. Let Vietnamese people have their moment. They never got chance to play their country.

Fun fact: in "the old thread" (NFP possibly new civilizations), I told them the exact same points which people have made in the last few pages, yet they also chose to ignore them and kept repeating the same arguments again and again, without any actual proof regarding devs' decision-making.

I don’t think anyone has been asking to see the Taungu (and not just Myanmar) and it is breaking my heart

Regardless of whichever Burmese dynasty you'll get, the Civ will always be called "Burma". They do have two strong leader options however (Bayinggnaung and Anawrahta), and I would love to see them in Civ 7. =)

Moderator Action: Reminder, the subject of this thread is Vietnam in the game of Civilization VI. Nothing to do with Siam or Burma.

I can't wait to re-act nightmare of Kublai Khan.
Well, he could still come with a bonus against elephant units and ruin your day. If you read contemporary accounts of the battles, fielding elephants proved time and time again to be a very bad choice against the Mongols as they were the Achilles heel of the Da Li, Dai Viet and Champa alike (and possibly Thai and Khmer as well, but I've not seen explicit mentions of the Mongols trashing the armies with their own elephants there).

I think the main (and the best) part of this ability is to be able to plant trees 3 eras sooner, which coincides with the timing of the Elephant. You can go conquering with you elephants and bring with you some builders. Whenever you conquer anything, put down some woods on the border and use them as the stepping stone to kill the next city, blah blah blah. Their first two eras will be crippled for sure, but as many people have pointed out, this civ is almost guaranteed to have a starting bias with at least woods and rainforest, and maybe marsh as well. The bonus yield, to me, is just a way to make up for the fact that in the early game your districts' adjacency may be low cuz you can't freely put your districts where you like them to be.
Also, if you want to make the most out of the building bonuses, you would like a lot of holy sites. Holy sites have all 3 buildings unlocked in Classical Era, very early on compared to other districts, which synergize well if they want to go for both a cultural victory and a domination victory (with Grand Master's Chapel)
Firaxis has no love for Siam anymore. Just because this nation is declining and every invester is leaving is nuff question not to include it and favors its nemesis instead?
I know this comment shows that the you are not the most fluent in English and may not mean what you write, but who the hell thinks of Thailand/Siam when they think of Vietnam's military tradition? Like are Thailand and Vietnam ever nemesis?

Speaking of Vietnam, what World Wonders do you think will synergize well with Vietnam. Chichen Itza and the Pyramids are two that I can think of.

Top Bottom