[NFP] Vietnam & Kublai Khan Developer Livestream Discussion

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
other things to possibly ask:
  • (if kublai's ability works with city states) does liberating a conquered city-state refresh kublai's ability to get a eureka+inspiration from making a trading post there?
  • if vietnam uses medieval faires to plant trees before conservation, are they old growth or second growth?
  • does the preserve district grant appeal bonuses to water tiles? and if so do those tiles now have appeal generally?
  • does the preserve district have any placement limitations? we've always seem them with woods in the district graphics, so it's unknown if they're buildable on desert for example
  • how do coastal resource industries and corporations look?
  • has the vietnamese city sprawl around districts been fixed or does it still default to the french-german style?
  • do you get instant monopolies on unique luxuries? (toys, cosmetics, perfume, cinnamon, cloves)
  • what all features can now flood? (so far we know of floodplains, rainforest, and marsh)
    • have Dam placement rules been changed to include these other features?

What? Who said marsh and rainforest can flood??
In the video, you can see the Floodable Tiles icon hover over a Rainforest and Marsh Tile.

My guess is the flood icon is a glitch... Features being placed on other Features is such a big gameplay upending that I imagine they would have mentioned it. I also can’t see anywhere in the video where a builder can plant forest on floodplains, and it’s not obvious to me anywhere in the video that floodplains contain forest or jungle. Do you have a time stamp?

I also can’t see anywhere in the video where a builder can plant forest on floodplains, and it’s not obvious to me anywhere in the video that floodplains contain forest or jungle. Do you have a time stamp?

You can check here - I took two screenshots from the video and posted it in the Vietnam thread.

That Forest at the right side of Hanging Gardens is clearly artificially planted, unless you insist that all the Floodplain icons within the border of Huế are glitches.

My guess is the flood icon is a glitch... Features being placed on other Features is such a big gameplay upending that I imagine they would have mentioned it. I also can’t see anywhere in the video where a builder can plant forest on floodplains, and it’s not obvious to me anywhere in the video that floodplains contain forest or jungle. Do you have a time stamp?
0:35, you can see the icons edit:ninja'd by 8housesofelixir

Worth noting tho: its not a matter of features on other features, it's a matter of floodplains no longer being the only feature to flood. so now we have to make the distinction between floodplains tiles and tiles that flood; they're no longer perfectly equivalent groups.
I've been playing with a mod called "cheat map editor" for a while, tho i rarely use it, esp for anything major. Though I have noticed that using it, you can put floodplains tiles where-ever, and make tiles that used to be flood plains no longer floodplains, but none of this changes where floods occur. The part of the game that determines where there's floodplains can operate separately from the part that determines where floods happen, it's just that only now is that functionality in the base game.

Yeah I think this is all just because they used Worldbuilder or Firetuner to change some aspects of the map for the First Look save which caused some remnant UI issues. You can’t actually even see floodplain graphics in any of those.

So I’m going on the record and saying that no other features can be placed on floodplains nor can they flood. Happy to be proven wrong by the livestream but I’m quite doubtful.

Well... That was quick. :lol:

I think they accidently ended the stream from YouTube?

Caught this in the pre-stream chat:

upload_2021-1-27_19-0-55.png

Top Bottom