[NFP] Vietnam & Kublai Khan Developer Livestream Discussion

I added some more details about Monopolies and a little more on Industry and Corporations.

The Product yields are what I reckon they will be. Product yields for Coffee and Tea were revealed during the Developer Update and Developer Livestream videos, respectively. Please let me know if you have any detailed information on the Tourism mechanics for Monopolies. Thanks!
So,.go clarify what happens s
If I control 8 of 10 gypsum, I get 10 gpt base, plus an additional 5gpt for each unique civ I have a trade route with? Or per trade route?

... Tobacco was a major component of Military Morale throughout the twentieth century: as another poster noted, there was a 3-cigarette 'tobacco ration' included in every pack of C-Rations in WWII (and they were still issuing some of them in 1965 at Fort Hood - one of my buddies was smoking Lucky Strike Green Pack cigs that had been packed before he was born!). Even armies whose countries didn't have access to easy tobacco supplies, like the Germans and the Soviets, still issued tobacco to the troops. ...

Not only were cigarettes part of C-Rations in WWII, but cigarettes themselves as easily and fast consumable form of tobacco were deliberately developed for soldiers in WWI and the drenched war.
Previous to that, when war was slower and longer pauses between attacks more likely, smoking pipes was very common with soldiers.

Hence, tobacco not only had a large impact on the soldier’s mood and stress level, but the change of warfare also influenced, how tobacco was consumed.

I think, tobacco is a perfect pick for increased military production and well researched by Firaxis.

I kind of figured that was the reference. My first thought with tobacco just happens to be Professor Tolkien smoking his pipe. :D
A fun fact - cigarette filters happen to be the exact size that fits in the barrel of a standard 5.56 NATO caliber rifle. I can tell you from experience, it makes cleaning your rifle A LOT faster.

Last edited:
I am somewhat anxious about possible bug with Kublai's ability and necroed Civs.
In Dramatic Ages mode that I like to play on with it's pretty common to have at least two Civs to die due to loyalty pressure from Free Cities. Huge maps are full of Free Cities mid game.
Also wondering if Stop Asking Me will be fixed...or Nalanda

I hope I am not wrong, but this suggests (to me) that NFP is the final chapter for civ 6.
This can mean either or...time will tell...

Quick question, I haven't seen the livestream: has it been info on modified civs within the mode, like Georgia in Dramatic Ages and Gilgamesh in Heroes&Legends? Like, for example, the Dutch getting more bonuses from monopolies or things like that?

Quick question, I haven't seen the livestream: has it been info on modified civs within the mode, like Georgia in Dramatic Ages and Gilgamesh in Heroes&Legends? Like, for example, the Dutch getting more bonuses from monopolies or things like that?

No, there doesn't appear to be any civs with reworked abilities for this mode this time around. But, do keep in mind we're getting a major balance patch addressing 2/3rd of all civs with the April update.

No, there doesn't appear to be any civs with reworked abilities for this mode this time around. But, do keep in mind we're getting a major balance patch addressing 2/3rd of all civs with the April update.
Yeah, that's true, buut I guessed balance would be for base game (or with expansions), not balance specific for a specific mode.
In the big april balance patch, we would not have a Dutch CUA tied to corporations and monopolies because it's not a base game.
I just wanted to know if there would be a civ with a specific UA exclusive for this mode to interact with industries, corporations and monopolies.

(The fact that 2/3 of civs are getting a major overhaul/balance)

I hope I am not wrong, but this suggests (to me) that NFP is the final chapter for civ 6.
This thread here discusses it.

Top Bottom