1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack (January 2021) - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Banazir864

Banazir864 Warlord

For convenience, I've sorted the corporations/industries by bonus type:
    • Growth (+20%) & Housing (+3): Cocoa, Honey, Salt, Sugar
    • Production (+30% off) -> military units: Citrus, Cotton, Ivory, Tobacco, Whales
    • Production (+30% off) -> civilian units: Furs, Olives
    • Production (+30% off) -> buildings: Gypsum, Marble
    • Gold (+25%): Diamonds, Jade, Silver, Truffles
    • Science (+15%): Mercury, Tea, Turtles
    • Culture (+20%): Coffee, Silk, Spices, Wine
    • Faith (+25%): Amber, Dyes, Incense, Pearls

2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I just noticed that the preserve unlocks with Mysticism, in the ancient era. I was thinking of it more like a late game district.

3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I think the idea behind it unlocking at Mysticism makes sense.
    You do have to wait to unlock the second building at Conservation in the Modern Era at least.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  4. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

Although the naming "Preserve" makes the district sounds like a modern thing, the idea behind the district is actually "(natural) Sanctuary" (sacred forests, mountains, etc) which existed very early in human history.

5. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Like how the Saxons and Baltic Tribes revered the Forests around them.

Andrew Johnson [FXS] likes this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Which is why I think maybe it would make more sense if the names Preserve and Sanctuary should be switched, in my personal opinion.
    Sanctuary as the district, and the Preserve as the Modern Era building at Conservation.

A Grove being built inside the district in Ancient Era is also appropriate

7. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

No fix for work ethic? Captured cities with AI-built shrines and work ethic religion still get no production from shrines?

Noble Zarkon and Kjimmet like this.
  8. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Definitely. I think it's a big missed opportunity in terms of difficulty scaling as well. Like if managing your empire was easy on settler for the player but difficult on deity, that makes deity a significant challenge even regardless of the AI. They took some tentative steps in that direction with the 'dramatic ages' mode, so I'd say it's an option they are exploring potentially.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Seems like a very good alternative for Holy Site if you don't plan on getting a religion

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

No need for Canada or Bull Moose Teddy to build Holy Sites to generate faith for National Parks later on.
    You probably wouldn't need them with Menelik II either considering you don't need to found a religion to get his bonuses.

Datgingah, AriaLyric and DWilson like this.
  11. walkerjks

walkerjks Prince

Is Ayuthayya officially broken or does the text (10% of hammers converted to culture) just not match the actual affect (something like 40% of hammers converted). Seems like an easy fix if it is broken (or an easy text change if it's supposed to be this good). In any case, it is still better than the text.

Pietato likes this.
  12. Haig

Haig Deity

Preserves remind me of sacred small forest areas of pre-Christian Finland, they were said to host forest spirits(or gods?) and they had some rites in it (dont know more details)but later most were destroyed by church.

13. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

Read the Civilopedia! The Grove is definitely a callout to those pre-Christian sites. Se on erityinen paikka vanhalle "otsaalle", Tapio.

Although perhaps a bit to that other, more famous one, Lumphini Grove, where the Buddha was born...

14. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

I mean, it's effectively a Celtic Nemeton, but repurposed so that it's applicable to all Civs.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Inside of effectively a Shinto Shrine.

16. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Sorry if this has been asked before but are the new leaders more likely to appear? Just started game as England and first two leaders I meet are Kublai and Trieu.

Myomoto and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Anyone finding that cities don't rebell AT ALL? Mahendraparvata is at Loyalty 0/100, losing -9.9, and is 0 Turns till rebellion... No cities actually feel when switching to Dark Ages when I have the Dramatic Ages on.

Great, I somehow managed to break City Flipping, I didn't even know that was possible.

CORRECTION: I somehow managed to start the game without Free Cities as a "player". meaning that there is no way for cities to flip.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  18. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Wow, the preserve comes way earlier than I expected. That's going to be more of a game/playstyle changer than I thought it would be. I am going to continue my process of doing each new thing in patches one at a time, so I won't get to this for a while, but a "teddy roosevelt or kupe preserve tourism playthrough" just made my list.

I'm glad to see the Switch version is still getting patches, but once again, disappointed no fix to the hall of fame, which does not record anything at all, and sometimes forgets what it had recorded before it broke.

Anyway, poking through the files as usual... Vietnam has a tier 1 (strongest!) bias towards the three features (Rainforest, Woods, Marsh). Kublai has no bias, but I think bias belongs to the civs rather than the leader anyway. (Mongolia is tier 2 Horse, China is none). This makes Vietnam the first civ to have the strongest level of bias towards Woods or Rainforest, and the first at all to have a marsh bias.

Edit: Hmm, it seems there is no vietnam special achievement (like kill a tank with gaul's unique unit, kill an infantry with ethiopia's etc).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  19. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Where is the City States being razed fix?

8housesofelixir and canadamufc like this.
  20. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I think city states were always razeable? THey weren't in civ 5, but in 6... I've been doing it for ages