[NFP] Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack (January 2021) - Patch Notes Discussion

anybody try improving the resources for the AI? I might try it my current game. I did improve a city state resource once when going for a 100% monopoly. I may use a few of my charges to improve friendly AI luxuries.
Honestly it sounds like if I play this mode (which would be once the monopoly tourism modifier is somehow fixed), I'll be using cheat map editor to improve AI resources for them, unless the AI suddenly gets a lot better before i play

Does the AI create corporations?

They don't even make industries, as they don't even improve any resources...

In my current game, China has a coffee industry. Well, this is AI's first industry and it came long after the industry was available. But in any case it surprised me since AI is not improving resources. I don't think AI is capable of having corporations, however, but I will continue to watch.

So I'm thinking Genghis Khan shouldn't be allowed in the game if I'm playing as Kublai Khan LOL.

I'm playing as Kublia Khan China and Genghis Khan happened to be one of the random civs. My first word was Grandpa. :)

edit: Now he has denounced me for my cavalry. grrr.

Last edited:
The Cliffs of Dover got an appeal buff a few patches ago. Back then, it was underwhelming, but now, it might actually be good.

Ehh, geometrically, you still won't be able to put a national park AND a preserve on both tiles, and you can't even put seaside resorts on them. Maybe they'll be OK just for the pure yields though

On another note, I just had a thought... you could probably get some really good vampire castles by putting them two tiles away from some preserves

Last edited:
It seems that the peace trade bug has gone, but now if you request something in a peace deal that the AI doesn't want to give you, then it's impossible to conclude the peace. Remove the blocking item and the AI still won't accept the deal, even though it is the one they proposed in the first place!

Also, there seems to be a new bug that you cannot transfer a governor to a city you recently captured; it just doesn't appear in the list. I don't know if this is endemic, I just encountered it once so far. It may be that the city list is capped - I have rather a lot.

There are AI industries in my game...

What difficulty are you playing on? Because of the two king games and the emperor one I am currently playing, I have yet to see the AI make an industry. Hell, in the king games, the AI barely bothered to improve resources.

Ehh, geometrically, you still won't be able to put a national park AND a preserve on both tiles, and you can't even put seaside resorts on them. Maybe they'll be OK just for the pure yields though

On another note, I just had a thought... you could probably get some really good vampire castles by putting them two tiles away from some preserves

Maybe a Preserve will buff the cliff's tiles more.

I meant just for the yields. You can get a pretty decent preserve there in early game.

I just discovered Dover in my game, but it annoyingly has a mountain in the "obvious" spot where you would put a preserve normally, so it won't work for that sadly in my game. But yeah, preserves definitely add a new dimension to these lesser natural wonders, assuming you're not using those neighbouring tiles for big holy sites.

What difficulty are you playing on? Because of the two king games and the emperor one I am currently playing, I have yet to see the AI make an industry. Hell, in the king games, the AI barely bothered to improve resources.

Deity.

It can't be because they're getting a second copy of the resource from a city state either... there are only 4 left on the map and I'm suzerain of all of them.

Correction - it seems to be that when you have many cities it can be hard to find a given city in the list of potential places to assign a governor.

I've seen the AI make industries on King. Have yet to see a single Corporation though.

I don't think the AI targets Industries and Corps the way a human player would. They just improve willy-nilly, and only establish an Indistry when they stumble upon a third copy. They don't appear to be actively seeking out new copies, nor planning ahead in which cities they want the Industries to be (ideally, in their best ones). Pity.

Grove is not required for Sanctuary to build. Is it intended?
They are indeed designed that way. The Sanctuary is not classified as a tier-2 Building, so you can build the Sanctuary and the Grove in the order you wish.

Top Bottom