Vietnam War Units

wolf_66

Lone Civer
Can someone do (at least some) of these units ?

Listed in order of priority :
  1. PAVN Infantry (North Vietnamese Infantry Soldier)
  2. Vietcong
  3. 1960-70 era US Infantryman (either US Army or USMC)
  4. ARVN Ranger (Elite soldier of South Vietnam Army)

Attachments

• PAVN Infantry.jpg
    PAVN Infantry.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 4,517
  • Vietcong.jpg
    Vietcong.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,465
  • US Army-USMC Infantry.jpg
    US Army-USMC Infantry.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 313
  • ARVN Ranger.jpg
    ARVN Ranger.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 3,237
Sorry I realized I posted it in the wrong forum!!!
Can a moderator please move this thread ?

This picks up on a request a had a long while back... therefore I second it!

Turner : Thanks and sorry again for my stupid mistake

The Last Conformist wrote:
Someone did a VC unit, but it doesn't really look much like a VC fighter

Ozymandias wrote:
Sween32 did indeed make a Vietcong unit. It's a bit crude by current standards (it was made in 2002) but can easily be found at GIDustin's site, http://www.civ3files.com

I know what you are talking about. As a matter of fact I made a slightly improved version of that unit (all black, slightly resized pants…). See attached gifs (left modified, right original)

I’m thinking about posting it in a pack of modified units both of Vietnam War and Cold War era. Anyway I agree: this unit cannot compete with new ones on quality plan. That’s why I asked for a replacement.

PS nearly in the same period also a PAVN infantry unit was made (a modified standard CIV III infantry). Also this unit is poor for actual standards.

Attachments

• VietCongAttackModified.gif
    VietCongAttackModified.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 131
  • VietCongAttackOriginal.gif
    VietCongAttackOriginal.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 121
I'm finishing some Vietnam-era modified units (modification or recolouring of existing units). I'm going to start posting them in ...about one week-10 days.
Most of them are m-units combining different animations

Provisional list :

Vietcong Company
PAVN Sapper Unit
PAVN Infantry Battalion
Indochinese civilian (refugee or... saboteur)

US Infantry Battalion
US Military Police Company
CDIG Unit (South Vietnamese Civilian Irregular Defence Group)
Armored Cavalry Squadron (11th Blakhorse Regiment)
US Air Cavalry Squadron (like famous 1/9 Cavalry Squadron, "Headhunters")
US Assault Helicopter Battalion
US Air Rocket Artillery Battalion

many more pending...

Please do not take this list for sure and also consider I'm not an unit maker so I can't do new animations, just modyfy, recolor and combine existing ones

Then my plans are to release a modified version of Luddi's Vietnam Scenario (new rules, new terrain buildings, Ares terrain and new units). This will take definitely longer time but I hope to finish it before summer

the fellas and i have that Vietnam scenario revision on the back burner for now. i had helped Luddi put that thing together way back when. it definitely needs some refurbashing though...

but those units you intend to re-colour seem great. they'd be a fantastic addition :goodjob:

El Justo

I loved your Cold War Scenario and I'm happy to have the chance to help you in some way.
I'll try to post a preview of some units this weekend.

I do not want to interfere in your job, so please excuse me if you don't like the following...
anyway - if you agree - I can also post several suggestions for an improved version of Vietnam scenario. These include changes in rules, units and resouces. I started thinking to this stuff in anticipation of my planned scenario.

wolf_66 said:
El Justo

I loved your Cold War Scenario and I'm happy to have the chance to help you in some way.
I'll try to post a preview of some units this weekend.

I do not want to interfere in your job, so please excuse me if you don't like the following...
anyway - if you agree - I can also post several suggestions for an improved version of Vietnam scenario. These include changes in rules, units and resouces. I started thinking to this stuff in anticipation of my planned scenario.
hi wolf_66. thank you for the nice words.

it's no problem mate. it's not as if any of us have a strangle-hold on any one era :p

and no, i don't disagree w/ any of your suggestions.

i actually ran into some fatal errors in the spring '05 when i was revising it. to be honest, i had it about 85% complete until i ran into some uncurable errors :mad: so, what i did was i put the project on hold and went onto revise TCW instead.

i think that the most significant change was the map which i trimmed down some to make it more realistic. i also used a huge swath of units from TCW, too.

anyways, i'd be happy to kick over ideas w/ you whether it be in this thread or by PM. :)

ADDIT: i just love the units btw. great work on them and i look forward to seeing the finished products :goodjob:

I have wanted a good Viet Nam scenario for a long time. My thought on making one was to replace the american city graphics with cities that look like firebases beause of course we really didnt control any cities per se. And dont put yourself down for color conversions look at all the wonderfull work Winter has done.

Looking over the units the guerilla would be good base to use to make an NVA and a VC from because it has an ak-47. The VC would be the easiest just recolored the NVA could be done by recoloring and C n P a recolored standerd infantry head would look like the pith helmet.

Top Bottom