1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

View changes in Localization database

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by qqqbbb, Feb 24, 2018.

1. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

My mod deletes LocalizedText table. I can see the results when I start a new game , but when I open DebugLocalization database in SQLiteSpy the table looks intouched. Any idea why?

2. Merri

Merri Chieftain

LocalizedText is populated in both FrontEndActions and InGameActions phase. FrontEndActions is executed after initialization of the LocalizationDatabase when you boot up the game, while InGameActions is executed each time you are loading a game to play. If you don't define LoadOrder then it appears to be a bit random which things happen and when.

Also, I think all the other tables in LocalizationDatabase are locked after initial bootup initialization. I might be wrong on this, only analyzing this based on what seems to work with <UpdateText /> and what doesn't.

3. Merri

Merri Chieftain

Also, you can't actually remove LocalizedText table. The game will crash if you manage to do it :)

The only way you can really delete anything in the LocalizationDatabase is by placing your SQL to:

~/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Text

Or relevant directory on non-Windows machines. For example, to remove all other languages besides English you can do this:

Code:
    DELETE From Languages WHERE Locale != 'en_US';
    2018-02-25 remove languages.png
    As you can see the actual list of languages only contains English. (There is also Finnish language pack applied, don't let that confuse you.)

If you remove ALL languages the game won't crash, but it will silently exit.