1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Viewing result of Quest ( find Holy Mountain )

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Davidr, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Davidr

Davidr Chieftain

I have completed a quest to build enough Temples and Monasteries to enable my wise men to discover the location of the Holy Mountain. When the popup message appears advising of the result there is a button to view the location of the Holy Mountain.
    However clicking on this button causes the view of the area of the Holy Mountain to only appear on the screen for a split second and then closes. This gives no hope of guessing where on the map this Mountain is located.
    Is there any way to slow down or pause this view of the map to enable the location to be analysed?

DavidR

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

This is a standard BtS quest - iirc it is supposed to put a marker on the mini map.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Using viewports or not?

4. Davidr

Davidr Chieftain

Koshling,

I am using viewports.

DavidR

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

That is likely the issue. If events occur outside he viewport the screen move is inhibited (because otherwise things like animal subdues will cause multiple viewport switches and potentially add a LOT of time to the turn just trying to show you a few animal kills). That isn't readily tractable (there is no way to distinguish an 'important' event view switch from an unimportant one), so I'm afraid you'll just have to search for the map marker!! (not sure if that event can fire in unrevealed territory but I assume not?).

It's not something I plan to treat as a high priority, but we can look to add more description to the message text to help with this, so hat it says something like 'northwest of Tyre' or something (I presume it didn't already contain a hint like that? - do you happen to still have the exact text in your message log? - it would be useful to know exactly what I did say)

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OR go back 1 turn withOUT VP, and then get the event with the minimap view, then change back to VP after the minimap exposes the HM.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

He cannot load without VP I think - MAFs

8. Davidr

Davidr Chieftain

Koshling,

Attached here are 2 screenshots of the Holy Mountain message and event log. There are no links in the messages to enable me to find the Holy Mountain - only a view for a split second after clicking on the button.

DavidR

PS Tried to load save game without viewports but even with Win 7 , 8Gb ram and i7 processor I had an immediate MAF when advancing the turn.

Attached Files:

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok. At some point we'll adjust that event to provide at least some hints in the text. Thanks for reporting it.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

That event has always been a problem. Even before it was just one pixel on the minimap only, nothing on the map itself. Perhaps it could put an event sign on the mountain.

It is good to see that the quests are firing. We need to find out why they are so rare in C2C.