Vigilante or American operative?

John Bull

British
One John Idena, an Americna gent, has been arrested in Afgahanistan on the charge of running a private gaol, amongst others. He claims to have been operating on behalf of the American government, arresting dangerous terrorists, and to have been in regular contact with the Pentagon. However, said government claims to never have been in contact with him. The plot thickens further as we learn that he was only arrested after having arrested himself an Afghan judge, and that therefore this may well be a political move by said government in order to not tread on the toes of the fledgling Afghan state it helped to create. On the other hand, he may well be deranged and delusional. Any thoughts?

Heard a little about it... maybe a Rambo wanna-be?

Perfection said:
Do you have a linky?
Well Newsnight has just run the story, so I daresay there'll be something about it on the BBC News website; http://news.bbc.co.uk
In fact, you can watch the programme somewhere on bbc.co.uk

PHSikes said:
Heard a little about it... maybe a Rambo wanna-be?

Hmmm... reminds me more of Col. Kurtz than it does of Rambo.

IglooDude said:
Hmmm... reminds me more of Col. Kurtz than it does of Rambo.

I fully argee. And like Kurtz the events surrounding this man and his activities demands that we ask some larger moral and sociatal questions.

Duddha said:
I fully argee. And like Kurtz the events surrounding this man and his activities demands that we ask some larger moral and sociatal questions.

Or, like Kurtz we could just point a modern-day Arclight mission at his rough location.

Top Bottom