VIKING DLC available NOW!!

Nah, it cant be 4 pound 50 for just one new civ and a couple of maps that you might play one or two times. I have already paid for the game and the only thing we should pay for is a new expansion, not for "fluff" like the danes.

Nah, it cant be 4 pound 50 for just one new civ and a couple of maps that you might play one or two times. I have already paid for the game and the only thing we should pay for is a new expansion, not for "fluff" like the danes.
You don't have to buy the "fluff" if you think it's too expensive. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the "fluff" :)

Besides you can always wait until the DLC are on sale again, like a few weeks ago when all DLC were 40% off. I think somewhere in the coming months it'll be on sale again, at least during summer sale.

Still not out on Steam here. That is very pricey for the Brits, but at least the Brits enjoy a great standard of living (that's why prices are so high there...for almost everything, lol).

Still not out on Steam here. That is very pricey for the Brits, but at least the Brits enjoy a great standard of living (that's why prices are so high there...for almost everything, lol).

I think £4.50 is too much.

iirc Babylon was £2.99 and Inca/Spain £4.99, so £4.50 for one civ is taking the mickey.

I know ppl argue that its only the price of a coffee etc.., but when you add it all up it grates, especially as the core game is still in need of attention.

As for the standard of living over here, try doing a weekly grocery shop and then filling up your motor, you won't have much change out of your monthly salary..!! :(

That is a bit pricy. Imagine paying 45 pounds for 10 civs and 10 scenarios. You should get a full expansion with 10+ civs and loads of new features for less than that. I didn't see the price in euros yet but if it translates to about 6 euros I will have to really think about it on principle. Did anybody buy yet from the D2D? I only hope that price is wrong or it is a complete bundle with the mappack too.

If you don't like the price, just wait for a Steam sale. The other DLC was just on sale recently for 40% off.

Yep off topic I know but as TM MOOT says just think about the cost of fuel over here at £1.42 / litre of petrol say 40 litres = £56.80 (about $94) each time you fill up. That hits the pocket hard.

On topic, I'm sure someone else has said this at one time or another but the main game patches are probably being funded by the returns from drip feeding DLC's to the market...

All being said I'm likely to buy it regardless

All being said I'm likely to buy it regardless

i'll refuse to be held to ransom for a few days, sulk around the house and shout at the kids, then one night i'll pop down the local, have one ale to many:crazyeye:, come home & buy the DLC...

my weakness will be forgotten once my longships and berserkers are terrorising northern Europe..;)

It's for both? That's not bad at all. My guess is it's 2 quid 50 each, 4,50 total.

I would normally moan about it for a few days before folding and buying anyway but I've just watched the youtube unit showcase in the link above, there's no way I'm not getting it now.

Here come the Berserkers

It's for both? That's not bad at all. My guess is it's 2 quid 50 each, 4,50 total.
Well, it's a bit weird, because if you click on the seperate DLC's the price for them is also 4 pounds 50.
(Edit: lol, the combo is 4 pounds 49, the seperate DLC are 4 pounds 50 each? Make a penny profit by buying the combo? :p )

But it seems to make more sense to me that the combo-price is the actual price (like the Spain/Inca combo-pack) and that the 'loose price' of only Denmark is the price of the other single-civ DLC, 2 pounds 99.

Civ IV had two expansions that probably went 30$ US for each on release? So that's like 65$ with tax for expansion content alone. Good for about 13 civ V civs. Let's assume additions come in the form of patches. If that's wishful thinking, lets say they put a 4-5 civ expansion with those added features. That's about 35$ worth of DLC. So that gives you about 6 more civs sold separately to equal $65, giving you ten civs + extra features. So they money works out somewhat. Keep in mind that if you buy these on release you are paying top dollar for them. You are probably going to be at least 100$'s into the game in a couple of years, with civs and possible expansions. Then again, we may not even get an expansion, but I also feel it is wishful thinking expecting to get all these new features for free in upcoming patches.

Rather buy it off steam. Don't want it not to be on my account should I uninstall the game.

Top Bottom