VIKING DLC available NOW!!

Steam releases occur around 10 PST, for example Darkspore had a midnight release D2D buyers could play it then but steam was 13 hours behind. They only do midnight releases for valve games.

Got it!!! Downloading!! :D

Stoked. Can't wait to buy it, download it and try it. I'm in the middle of a OCC with India going for a cultural victory right now though... do I finish it, or dive right into playing the Viking scenario?

Rolled a standard/standard game on the new British Isles map as Denmark - 4 luxury start right off the bat! Fluke, or does that map have different resource distribution?

I like the civ, but the brown color is a ugly one.

The let down is the scenary, for me is just a big mess. Really weak.

on steam now in UK
£2.99 for Vikings
£2.99 for 10 map pack(?)
£4.50 for both

i'm sure you could download both as a combo, but i can only see each one indivdually available, both for £2.99.

is this correct or am i missing something?!? :confused:

don't really want to spend £6 tbh, times are tight over here :sad:

i'm sure you could download both as a combo, but i can only see each one indivdually available, both for £2.99.

is this correct or am i missing something?!? :confused:

don't really want to spend £6 tbh, times are tight over here :sad:

I couldn't find the pack from the civ5 store page, but if I searched for 'civilization' the denmark + explorer pack showed up in the results last night for me.

try this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7913/

I had no issues last night buying the combo pack from Steam. I clicked to buy Vikes and then when I clicked to buy the maps, there was an option to buy the combo pack so I did that and removed Vikes alone from the cart and charged me the proper $7.49 for the combo.

I wouldn't normally buy more maps, but for an extra $2.50 what the heck. considering how much time I spend playing this game.

What exactly does the Motte and Bailey do?

The scenario is fun though, and I love the scenario music. :D

Bluetooth is speaking modern Danish. As a Dane, this is quite underwhelming. The Danish spoken at the time of Bluetooth was very different from the Danish we speak today. Frankly, Bluetooth comes off as a cheesy spoof.

Even worse, some of what he's saying is not real Danish but rather the kind of Danish we're starting to speak because of the anglofication of the language. "Lad os høre det" = "Let's hear it" is NOT a real Danish expression (even though you might hear it on the streets of Denmark today).

Well, I remember people always complained in Civ4 that the Vikings were speaking nonsense. Apparently they were speaking Icelandic, which is the closest to Old Norwegian, but native speakers thought Firaxis was making things up. I'm going to chalk this down to a "can't win" here.

It's not unique to the Danes, though. Wu Zeitan is speaking modern Chinese, Montezuma is speaking modern Nahuatl with Spanish words like Imperio thrown in. Elizabeth is speaking modern English as well (technically, she spoke modern English, but with a very different pronunciation). Still, for a computer game it's pretty good. And Harold's laugh alone makes it worth it.

I think the voice actor's delivery of Harald's lines were nice (the laugh!), but if it's true that those anglicized lines made it in, I'd be disappointed too. Icelandic would be cool though. To make people more aware of the language it'd help if Firaxis just put up a list of the leaders and the language they were speaking.

I'm most disappointed with Montezuma and Wu. You can EASILY find a better voice actress for Wu who speaks better Mandarin, and for Montezuma, it's not that hard to just replace "impero" with an original Nahuatl word (like tloatoni or whatever it is). :p

P.S. Harald does look like a friendly jock without his helmet though, I'd agree on that being perhaps more comical than intended.

Top Bottom