1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Vikings in Space

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, May 30, 2017.

1. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

A new video series from Firaxis -

king of nowhere and nzcamel like this.
  2. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Chieftain

This is a cute video series, a bit more entertaining than the victory videos that they've been "releasing" for the last couple of weeks. I wonder how many parts there will be? I hope not too many, but only because I want a new First Look!

nzcamel likes this.
  3. sa1vy

sa1vy Chieftain

recap:
    >Vikings can into space
    >Still need cities centers to make canals

nzcamel likes this.
  4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

they can't into space at the time of the founding of these cities.

5. sa1vy

sa1vy Chieftain

^Well, extrapolating from the title and things they said, the possibility exists that the Vikings can, at some point, get into space. So my poorly worded meme can be taken at face-value.

Siptah likes this.
  6. Abraxis

Abraxis Chieftain

Has anyone ever had an inland sea that big?

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

My most recent game had one 3 times that big (huge map). Unfortunately there were no canal points, but I had mountainous choke points that allowed me to isolate my section of the ring (it really was a ring-like continent) from the other civs and expand at my leisure until they could cross oceans.

8. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Pete Murray claims on reddit that the map was randomly rolled.

9. pietro1990

pietro1990 Chieftain

Well you have to give firaxis compliments for creating such a big marketing for this product

10. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Chieftain

Cute, though I wish each video was a bit longer and/or had more detail. I did like the canal cities, and the narrator pleasantly reminded me of the hilarious Zeus: Master of Olympus narrator.

nzcamel and Siptah like this.
  11. sa1vy

sa1vy Chieftain

One or two patches ago most continent games that I did had oceans that didn't connect. Wasn't really inland sea, but had land surrounding it on all sides.

12. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

Can you start that close to a natural wonder? Pretty insane to get that kind of science boost that early.

13. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I seem to recall starting close to a natural wonder before, I think it's possible on the "legendary start" option or something.

14. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I recently got a start where I could see an extra yield tile without moving any units.

It just occurred to me that the conclusion of this series would be the perfect vehicle for showing off the addition of a hall of fame in the next patch.:goodjob:

Right? :mischief: You hear me Firaxis? :please:No, I'm just imagining things? :sad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
  15. Abraxis

Abraxis Chieftain

I've noticed France often does, like probably ~70% of my games with Catherine I start near a natural wonder, very often Pantanal. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or if she has a start bias for a natural wonder to make up for her... modest bonuses.

16. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

I've had several games since the last patch where I started with a natural wonder visible from where I spawned. Kilimanjaro and Yosemite are the best I've gotten so far; I haven't had Torres del Pine yet. Yosemite is pretty sick for fast science, and you don't get the amenity and housing issues that the extra food from Kilimanjaro can cause. I also got Pipothai (sic) which had gems on a plain hill next to it once. 1 food, 2 cogs, 5 gold, and 2 culture from turn one.

17. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

Which game seed creates the alternate history that has a unified Japanese-American automobile market? That's where I want to be. It's not fair that the Japanese keep the good cars to themselves.
    Spoiler :

>greentexting off chans
    I-is that really ok to do?

sa1vy likes this.
  18. nzcamel

nzcamel Chieftain

I have (huge maps again) but not two right beside each other both of which could be "canaled"!

19. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

I played a MP game over the weekend and my capital was 3 tiles from Mt. Kilimanjaro. Between my cap and my 2nd city I had all the tiles within their borders by mid-game. It was AWESOME.

Though I will admit that is the first time I've started so close to such an awesome wonder. I have started close to a crappy one like Crater Lake a few times.

20. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

I guess my last game I actually did start pretty close to Crater Lake, it was I think 4 tiles away from my cap, so maybe I should have realized that. And I guess the start before I was probably 6 or 7 tiles away from one as well (Yosemite, maybe?). So I guess I should have realized it was possible. I guess they're also not quite as game-changing as they were in civ 5, especially the Spain start. Was always cool to basically get a free settler that early on, never mind having a crazy awesome tile potentially for that new city.