Village "mayhem"

That doesn't address some other questions raised. Balance of mills/villages/mines vs pastures/camps/plantations/quarries being the main one.

I'm not sure it also resolves whether villages would not be better than mines and mills in most (non-wonder/army city) circumstances using the current yields.

I say let's try out Thal's solution and keep the current yields intact, and see what happens. I believe it's a better solution than nerfing villages. As long as the AI knows to purchase stuff with gold it may work well.

The basis for nerfing villages is that they're obviously better than anything but farms and necessary resource connects.

I'm not sure how this is a solution to that problem or that the problem was that things were too cheap.

I'm referring to the original vanilla, not G&K or BNW
Trading posts and mines were not 2 gold in the original Civ5 either. They have always been 1. Only in the mod have mines or villages had a base yield of 2 without advanced techs or social policies.

I did not adopt Firaxis' changes because small income numbers are hard to balance, since we cannot use fractions.
This seems irrelevant to the issue at hand, which is that you have increased the yield of villages.
Yes, small yields are hard to balance. But that doesn't mean that {2-gold village and 1 food farm} is more balanced than {1 food village and 1 food farm}

I always found food to be overated. Spamming villages is much better so keep the money flowing. :)

Top Bottom