1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Villages.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by BliTTzZ, Jun 29, 2016.

1. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Villages receive production and gold bonuses from roads/railroads even when they are constructed not on actual road network, but on top of just one segment of the road.
    Is it intended?

I'm using the latest pack of CBO, on other mods.

2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Villages receive bonuses for roads and trade routes. So if there is a trade route passing through that tile, there you are.

3. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

I think the question is about that that one road tile isn't part of a 'true' road network (connecting cities), just built separately on top of a village for the bonus, and if that's intentional, or some cheesy exploitation.

4. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

That's exactly what I was trying to say.
    So you can just build villages everywhere you want and still get the bonus from the roads. I will add a couple of screenshots tomorrow.

5. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Haha well put - yeah I would agree that this is silly and cheesy exploitation. "Frederick - we needs thems roads here for our Trade, yeah?" "Yeah, Eds, thems roads always helps us out!" "What do you think, Freds, we can starts it at the raspberry bush over there? And where do you think we can ends it?" "How about we just end it at the big wasp hive, Eds. Nobody's will wants to be goings past theres, anyways!!!

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Ah, ok, I read it too fast.

I don't see that as a problem. You can build villages almost everywhere, yes, while not being adjacent. But they will yield more if a trade route uses the road, so you still want most of your villages in roads with traffic.
    As for the rest, think of it as if you're improving just the village inner road network.

7. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Yes, but I still think it's not intended. Or just impossible to make villages only recieve bonuses from real road network codewise.

8. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

Before it was +1 gold and production on road AND trade route. Now it is on road OR trade route which are additive.

9. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

No, you can combine bonuses from three sources: road, railroad and trade route.

10. mernild

mernild Chieftain

It's definitely not intended to work like this.

See this thread where I reported it some time ago. Gazebo says in this thread that it is not intended, and that he knows why it is happening.

11. XplosiveLun

G was not referring to villages on single-tile road. Instead...

it is about villages receiving additional bonus, via multiple roads, which is invalid. It seems city connections are "stacking".

12. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Those are decent yields, I must say.

13. XplosiveLun

The best yield I've ever seen. 8:c5production: 11:c5gold: 3:c5culture: 3:c5science: are much better than any great improvement.

14. hokath

hokath King

There's a Town in that picture with 9:c5food:11:c5production:x:c5gold:4:c5science: !(its on coal)

Off topic but people might find it interesting, I was testing a new event and I managed to get 5 Tourism on a tile. The icon changes from a briefcase to a camera. Snazzy.

15. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

No, he wasn't. The whole discussion was about the maximum yield potential you can get from a village tile with all bonuses included. No words about stacking bonuses from multiple city connections.