1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Viraat Ramayan Mandir Wonder

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by holywar, Dec 23, 2013.

1. holywar

holywar Chieftain

I think there should be a Viraat Ramayan Mandir wonder. Any ideas on when it should be available and what it should do?

I am thinking it should be available after Penecilan and give all cities double growth rate. Or maybe after theology or architecture with the same effect. Or maybe after Penecilan and one out of four military units are "reincarnated" into a different kind of unit that appears in the capital after defeat. Just brainstorming here.

2. DutchJob

DutchJob Prince

3. georgie

georgie Warlord

I would say maybe in a later iteration of Civ. It's not even finished according to Wikipedia.

4. Winsling

Winsling Chieftain

Hasn't stopped wonders before. Three Gorges Dam was a wonder in Civ IV, and it wasn't completed before the game was released. Cure for Cancer was way back in Civ I. Not to mention wonders that haven't been started - Space Elevator for example.

5. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

I think it should be a faith wonder, maybe like a second Grand Temple effect, but which does not need to be constructed in the holy city. Maybe 5 faith, 2 culture, doubles effect of religious pressure in its immediate sphere.

I doubt it will be "available" as DLC, but you could communicate to the mod discussions it's something you'd like to see and maybe someone in that direction could get with you.

Anything affecting growth rate is very powerful. Maritime city states and Hanging Garden were both nerfed for this. Double growth is certainly overpowered. As an aside, unless there are cloning vats or cures for every modern flu virus in the basement, I don't see how you legitimize it.

Nor do I see it as a military wonder. It would be very easy to make a wonder, or any building, spawn a unit, but I don't get why it's applicable.

6. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

It also seems to be designed as a directly upscaled replica of Angkor Wat - they don't generally put imitations in as Wonders, which is why the Luxor Hotel isn't a Wonder despite being bigger than the Great Pyramid.

The Wonder I'd most like to see would be the Ishtar Gate. This was actually one of the originally listed Wonders of the World, in lists that predate the construction of the Lighthouse, and was a very impressive monument.

7. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Well if we're talking about wonders we should have in the game in general, the Valley of the Fallen should have been the Autocracy wonder.

8. Callonia

Callonia Deity

If i remember correctly, Cure for Cancer was a national wonder in Civ 3 as well or was I thinking of some national hospital?

9. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

It was in a Wonder in Civ II, I can't recall if it was in Civ III (a World Wonder in Civ II, which didn't have NWs - did Civ III have NWs?). Those games however took a very abstract notion of "Wonder" - concepts such as Theory of Evolution and Womens' Suffrage, or accomplishments like Magellan's Voyage, also qualified. Civs IV and V appropriately restrict Wonders to buildings.

10. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions.

11. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

I'm all for new wonders but I think they should have tight Conditions before they can be unlocked. Also not many games tend to last past year 2000. They will need to add a new future (nanotechnology) age and scale the existing victory conditions to fit that in. And they'll need to introduce new game mechanics like corporations to make the latter half of the game more immersive.