ViSa General Discussion

Does the current 3.20 ViSa expansion work with the latest Warlords patch?

(I'm inclined to think the answer is "no" but just wanted to make sure before I clicked the "update" button in Warlords.) :)

Does the current 3.20 ViSa expansion work with the latest Warlords patch?

(I'm inclined to think the answer is "no" but just wanted to make sure before I clicked the "update" button in Warlords.) :)

No it doesn't and no ETA on when v3.25 will be out either....

I was wondering if I could be told where to find the file that allows me to alter the current/vanilla 10% increment on the sliders for research and culture into a 5% increment. Thank you in advance ;)

Toft was talking about adjusting vanilla Civ - currently, all versions including BTS use a slider increment of 10%. I believe he's asking about which files, and the locations in them, he'd have to alter to get the game to behave the way ViSa (and several other mods) do, with the 5% increment. (Personally, I wouldn't mind this information myself - a finer degree of control would be handy, particularly later in the game where you wind up with a choice of a double-digit surplus or similarly sized deficit. This makes for some decidedly suboptimal choices.)

I was wondering if I could be told where to find the file that allows me to alter the current/vanilla 10% increment on the sliders for research and culture into a 5% increment. Thank you in advance ;)

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>COMMERCE_PERCENT_CHANGE_INCREMENTS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>5</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

That is the XML tag in the GlobalDefines.XML file. You can find the ViSa file in Mods\ViSa_v3\Assets\XML

gents,

apologies for what may be very basic and stupid questions, but
i'm new to this civ stuff, much less ViSa ....

1) how do i enable the 18-24 player option in the Custom Game screen ?

(if it makes a difference, what im trying to do is use SmartMap to
generate a 18-24 player game map, or at least more than the custom
game default of 10 AI)

2) unless im getting goofy sooner than i expected, i thought i saw
that ViSa had the ability to turn various sub mods on/off. is there a
hotkey for that ?

thx guys :)

ahhh ic ... thank you quite kindly vodobas. i missed that :blush:

re the 24 civs in a custom game .. i saw quite a few listed
in one of the promo screenies on the d/l page so i assume it's quite
possible to go higher than 10 AI in a custom game ..... somehow ;)

thx

ahhh ic ... thank you quite kindly vodobas. i missed that :blush:

re the 24 civs in a custom game .. i saw quite a few listed
in one of the promo screenies on the d/l page so i assume it's quite
possible to go higher than 10 AI in a custom game ..... somehow ;)

thx

I don't use SmartMap but I have to assume that is your problem because 24 Civs is quite easy to do....just keep adding them :D

I don't use SmartMap but I have to assume that is your problem because 24 Civs is quite easy to do....just keep adding them :D

Well I'll be .... just butter my butt and call me a bisquit. :crazyeye:

.... never realized that I could just add AI to the top left frame
on the custom screen. it goes to 18, but that's good enough.

thx ;)

Can someone explain what is the effect of smartmap?

Effect? what do you mean????

It is a custom map that kinda works with ViSa....some have luck but some do not....personally I don't use it, Firaxis random continents are good enough for me.

Can someone explain what is the effect of smartmap?

Smartmap let's the user define many more values / attributes than the Fraxis vanilla.
I use it primarily to make much larger maps than vanilla to accomodate 16-18 civs.

It's not necessarily better, just different.

Is it as simple as deleting the appropriate section of the ViSa_v3.ini ?

I find the "Glance" screen as in vanilla BtS to be invaluable (personal quirk / preference)
and would like to load a FA that includes it.

Thanx :)

Is it as simple as deleting the appropriate section of the ViSa_v3.ini ?

I find the "Glance" screen as in vanilla BtS to be invaluable (personal quirk / preference)
and would like to load a FA that includes it.

Thanx :)

The Domestic/City Advisor can be changed in the INI but no other advisors can be removed using that route.

The Foreign Advisor can be changed through the INI.

Sir,

Thank you quite kindly for your response, but what I'm trying to do is totally disable / delete the Foreign Advisor, not just reconfig it ... so another FA can be loaded. (will just deleting the relavent values in the ini do the trick?)

Btw, I played a lot of Total Realism before finding ViSa and there's no comparison. You guys really hit it on the screws with this one ;)

Sir,

Thank you quite kindly for your response, but what I'm trying to do is totally disable / delete the Foreign Advisor, not just reconfig it ... so another FA can be loaded. (will just deleting the relavent values in the ini do the trick?)

Btw, I played a lot of Total Realism before finding ViSa and there's no comparison. You guys really hit it on the screws with this one ;)

As I said, you can't turn that advisor off without remaking the mod.

i have a friend who has a city that is a 99 and still growing, i about chit my pants when i saw it. i was curious as to what are the biggest cities you guys have had

thanks,
hammer

Top Bottom