ViSa General Discussion

Freaking MAF problem even if i've 2 gig of ram :(

Of course, your RAM total has nearly nothing to do with it....just allows you to play a SMALL bit bigger and longer.

As I have said hundreds of times, go complain to Firaxis about the MAF, it is their code that they only fixed in BtS....and yes it is an easy fix for Warlords but that would not generate extra $$$ for them.... :mad:

Of course, your RAM total has nearly nothing to do with it....just allows you to play a SMALL bit bigger and longer.

As I have said hundreds of times, go complain to Firaxis about the MAF, it is their code that they only fixed in BtS....and yes it is an easy fix for Warlords but that would not generate extra $$$ for them.... :mad:

If i play on a normal / 8 civs map, will it help?

I will put this mod to the test I will be working with 4GB DDR2 1000Mhz Over clocked Intel Quad Core 3.6GHz Super F***n Stable Now with 2x8800GTX Nvidia Overclocked,Thermaltake Toughpower W0156RU ATX12V / EPS12V 1200W Power Supply - Now 4 xWD 74GB RAPTORS INSTEAD OF 3 and 680i Evga Board with 37 LCD 1080P Westing house Monitor.
the only thing i hate is my light bill every month :(

@xbeanerx, i have a am2 6400 processor, 2 10,000 wd raptors 150gb in a raid 0, one evga nvidia 8600 video card and 4 gb of ddr 2 ram. i rarely get a maf at all and i play huge maps. Only thing is on late game to not play for 8 hours straight without saving and restarting

I will put this mod to the test I will be working with 4GB DDR2 1000Mhz Over clocked Intel Quad Core 3.6GHz Super F***n Stable Now with 2x8800GTX Nvidia Overclocked,Thermaltake Toughpower W0156RU ATX12V / EPS12V 1200W Power Supply - Now 4 xWD 74GB RAPTORS INSTEAD OF 3 and 680i Evga Board with 37 LCD 1080P Westing house Monitor.
the only thing i hate is my light bill every month :(

That is a sweet system for Halo 3....but is no better than a 1.6GHz P4 with 1GB RAM for Civ/ViSa actually :lol:

This is Not for halo3 its for PC games Only not xbox360 :lol:

Yes but you get my meaning.....and you need that system for Civ barely more than you need it for Halo 3 :eek:

when i installed the mod it said somethin about having to empty the ncsaver file once in a while as it gets very large which affects performance. can someone please explain what folder i have to empty cos i cant any info on it?

The ncsaver is the work around to delay the maf from warlords. Its generally located here. C:\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\Saves\NCSaver. just need to delete everything in there. If you are saving a game you need to keep it. Basically for every ViSa game there is 2 saves, the regular one and the ncsaver. Its not a huge deal as i've had about 200 some saves in there b4.

so u dont have to delete anything then? its just that the installer advised emptying a certain folder everynow and again.

been playin visa on a 1250 turns on noble settings with 12 civs on the biggest map with tech trading on. im at 250AD and have noticed that im the most advanced civ and there are still some wonders from the ancient era that havent been built. it feels like research is too slow both for the player and the AI.

anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Hi,

I usually try to avoid asking questions and trying to do this on my own, but i'm afraid that this time it didn't work. I've been trying to play v3.25. The problem occurs when I start up a game under any case(new scenario, custom game...). It crashes to windows.

What I have tried:

Looking at the readme and forums on how to install the game meaning:
Installed in right path check
Clearing cache check
Reinstalling, removing and and start with clean install check
Reinstalling ATI Radeon 700 drivers check
Making sure I have correct patch which is 2.13 warlords check
Rechecking forums (extensive searching) check and double check

Now, i'm sure that i'm doing something wrong because of all the posts made by other people who got it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Windows Xp ultimate french version, but installed game in english. Probably an issue?

I have played other mods which work normally. So I'm thinking there is something that I have missed. Now, I'm not an expert programmer. I am just an end user which wants to enjoy this wonderful game. If I haven't posted this in the right place I'm sorry. Thanking you in advance.

Hi,

I usually try to avoid asking questions and trying to do this on my own, but i'm afraid that this time it didn't work. I've been trying to play v3.25. The problem occurs when I start up a game under any case(new scenario, custom game...). It crashes to windows.

What I have tried:

Looking at the readme and forums on how to install the game meaning:
Installed in right path check
Clearing cache check
Reinstalling, removing and and start with clean install check
Reinstalling ATI Radeon 700 drivers check
Making sure I have correct patch which is 2.13 warlords check
Rechecking forums (extensive searching) check and double check

Now, i'm sure that i'm doing something wrong because of all the posts made by other people who got it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Windows Xp ultimate french version, but installed game in english. Probably an issue?

I have played other mods which work normally. So I'm thinking there is something that I have missed. Now, I'm not an expert programmer. I am just an end user which wants to enjoy this wonderful game. If I haven't posted this in the right place I'm sorry. Thanking you in advance.

Well you have certainly done a good job going through all the usual causes of a problem.....so you haven't left much for me to suggest except the language thing. I know others have had issues with other languages besides English.

Ok, little update. BTW thanks for quick response TAfirehawk. I don't know what I did differently, but I'm able to play a custom game. Other game types still crash. I tried playing on the map available on your web site Giant_Earth_for_ViSa_v3_European_Powers and at first turn the "You have been defeated" screen appears. Have you heard of this situation before?

Top Bottom