1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista crashes

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by BRONCONAPPY, Sep 13, 2007.

1. BRONCONAPPY

BRONCONAPPY Chieftain

Howdy All

THE FACT THAT I'M HERE IS A MARK OF DESPERATION. I'D MUCH RATHER BE PLAYING THE GAME. WHEN I BEGAN TAKE 2 WASN'T REALLY READY FOR VISTA THE LAST PATCH WAS SUPPOSED TO RESOLVE THAT NOT.

AFTER I UPPED TO 2 G'S RAM THINGS GOT BETTER, RARE BADALLOCATION CRASH(S).

PLAYIN' NEXT WAR AS KUBLIA I TOOK GENGIS TO A FIVE MAN PARTY. 10 TURNS FROM FLIGHT I START CRASHING LIKE NOBODYS BIZ. I NEED PRACTICAL HELP/HANDHOLDING/STEPBYSTEP MENTOR ME AND I IN MY TURN WILL MENTOR THE NEXT

BRONCONAPPY

2. jhflif

jhflif Chieftain

Sorry to be no help but I run vista as well and the game runs like a charm with no slowdown or random crashes at all. Perhaps it is a hardware issue?

3. Esgaro

Esgaro Chieftain

I grudgingly use Vista as well, and I don't have any sort of random crash issues. It does crash if I try to click the unit links in the civlopedia, but that one is already fairly well known.

4. BRONCONAPPY

BRONCONAPPY Chieftain

Thanks Did Not Know Doubtful That Thats The Issue. Started New Game Not As Far Ahead On Tech Tree

5. snipafist

snipafist Prince

6. DraconisRex

DraconisRex Chieftain

I would suggest you check your hardware. I had a lot of problems from a bad memory stick. Once I got rid of that, everything has been peachy keen.