vista

Because it's not in the system requirements. Developers may use some APIs not available in Vista. Or maybe it just wasn't tested on Vista. You never know.

Among other things DirectX 11 will not run on Vista; DirectX 10.1 was the end of the line for Vista SP2 (per the wikipedia article on DirectX.)
And what's someone with a 64 bit machine doing with Vista anyway? Vista was even more unpopular when it was released than Windows 8.

Among other things DirectX 11 will not run on Vista; DirectX 10.1 was the end of the line for Vista SP2.
And what's someone with a 64 bit machine doing with Vista anyway? Vista was even more unpopular when it was released than Windows 8.
DX11 runs on Vista, that's DX11.1 which doesn't. On the other hand, Windows 7 has only partial support of 11.1 too.

Among other things DirectX 11 will not run on Vista; DirectX 10.1 was the end of the line for Vista SP2.
Vista originally did not have DX11 support, true, but it was added in via an update several years ago. As long as the OP has kept his OS up to date, it does support DX11. Windows Vista and 7 architectures are remarkably similar (perhaps even mostly identical), so if a program works on 7 it should usually work on Vista.

That being said, there are good reasons for the developers not to include Vista in their minimum requirements. That means they don't have to waste time testing the game on Vista and if issues arise for users who have Vista they do not need to make any effort to resolve them since it's not an officially supported OS.

Most probably, this only means that it wasn't tested in Vista. In my experience, everything that works in win7 should also work in vista and vice versa. Of course, I can't guarantee anything, because I'm being subjective here.

Vista is still supported by Microsoft. It is not much older than Windows 7.
Many Windows 7 users are having the same problem that the game just won't run.

Top Bottom